Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My Website..

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    robinchun
    robinchun  2 England
    9 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Hi everyone..pretty much a new member here, this is my website customised from scratch. All comments welcome..

www.robinchun.com

Robin

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stillbase
    Stillbase  256 forum posts Wales
    10 May 2012 - 1:16 PM

Hi Robin: I was very impressed by your pictures and the website. Look forward to seeing more.

chrissp26
    chrissp26  1039 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 May 2012 - 9:41 PM

I really like the site once you get in there, its nice and clean and easy to use, but my only gripe is the "splash screen" which welcomes you. Its very 90's and I don't believe they offered much then nor do I know. I think you could quite happily get rid of the flash animation, as it doesn't really offer anything that the user can't see on the next page. Plus it's flash so it won't work on blackberry, iOS or Windows Phone 7 devices so any users using the site on a tablet or mobile device will immediately be put off.

It is only a gripe, it's not a major issue but I thought I would share it.

Chris

robinchun
    robinchun  2 England
    10 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Quote: I really like the site once you get in there, its nice and clean and easy to use, but my only gripe is the "splash screen" which welcomes you. Its very 90's and I don't believe they offered much then nor do I know. I think you could quite happily get rid of the flash animation, as it doesn't really offer anything that the user can't see on the next page. Plus it's flash so it won't work on blackberry, iOS or Windows Phone 7 devices so any users using the site on a tablet or mobile device will immediately be put off.

Chris

Chris..thanks for your comment, by "splash screen" are you referring to the homepage slide show, and would you think a single image is better or more 'up to date'? I re read your comment and that is what you mean..I'll look into the idea of having a single image..thanks again, much appreciated!

Robin

Last Modified By robinchun at 10 May 2012 - 10:18 PM
    robinchun
    robinchun  2 England
    13 May 2012 - 7:06 PM

Quote: I really like the site once you get in there, its nice and clean and easy to use, but my only gripe is the "splash screen" which welcomes you. Its very 90's and I don't believe they offered much then nor do I know. I think you could quite happily get rid of the flash animation, as it doesn't really offer anything that the user can't see on the next page. Plus it's flash so it won't work on blackberry, iOS or Windows Phone 7 devices so any users using the site on a tablet or mobile device will immediately be put off.

Chris

Chris..thanks for your comment, by "splash screen" are you referring to the homepage slide show, and would you think a single image is better or more 'up to date'? I re read your comment and that is what you mean..I'll look into the idea of having a single image..thanks again, much appreciated!

Robin

Updated site to a single image on home page, thanks for the heads up Chris..like it better myself now!

Robin

robinchun
    robinchun  2 England
    6 Jul 2012 - 6:14 PM

Recently done a bit more work on my site www.robinchun.com it's cleaner and very minimal, very little text (less is more)..any comments would be appreciated

Robin

SueEley
    SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jul 2012 - 8:06 PM

It certainly appears very minimal indeed on Chrome on my Mac...... the only thing I see is the church gates photo, unless I hover over the menu button - which isn't that easy to see and isn't that intuitive. The home button doesn't work, and clicking on the gate image doesn't take me into the site. Looking at posters above, something has changed or it's not working well in Chrome. But Chrome matters? (BTW didn't look much different in Safari - but the browser nearly died of fright when I opened it for the first time in months!)

Paul_Anthony
    6 Jul 2012 - 8:45 PM

Clicking on the image does bring up a drop down menu to the left, but it is not obvious, the ENTER button under the image on the splash screen is also very faint and not obvious.

I do like the simplicity of the site though, I just think you need to make it a bit clearer how to access your galleries, which are also very nice.

Regards

Paul

robinchun
    robinchun  2 England
    7 Jul 2012 - 8:56 AM

Sue and Paul..thanks for your comments, have made the ENTER bigger and clearer, the idea was to make the site all about the image, but I take your point, the ENTER was too small and not clear enough.

Robin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.