Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My Website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    smileatchrisdev
    21 Jan 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hi all not joined ephotozine long ago!

anyway here's my website

www.christopherdevereux.co.uk

Let me know what you think Grin

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Jan 2012 - 11:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bfgstew
    bfgstew  8668 forum posts England105 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2012 - 11:44 AM

A clear and concise website Chris, uncomplicated, fresh and easy to navigate.
    I do like your home page, so simple yet has a very professional feel to it making you want to check every page, buy the way they are worth viewing, rather than move on to another site.
    Good luck for the future.
    Stewart

smileatchrisdev
    21 Jan 2012 - 11:46 AM

thanks alot Smile

Really am grateful for the feedback

I'm at the minute looking to pack the day job in ... so thats another boost to that lol

smileatchrisdev

any more views?

rob_marshall
    21 Jan 2012 - 5:13 PM

Christopher

Well laid-out and easy to navigate, so seems to tick all the boxes there. Not sure about the large red area on the left of the screen. Not so bad on the colour shots, but on the BW the red seems to dominate the screen to me. perhaps make it smaller, or a less vibrant colour?

It might just be me, but I find centred text on a screen difficult to scan. Perhaps left aligned as normal?

The 'about me' is pretty good, for an amateur site. Is that what you are pitching it at? If you are more into the pro (your portfolio here says semi-pro) side of things, it could be a little more 'business like'. Would a pro client really need to know about your first camera?

I had to laugh at shot #8 in the wedding section (overhead shot of the group) Did you deliberately leave your pint on the patio? GrinGrinGrin

You have some very good images - like the man getting on the bus.

Last Modified By rob_marshall at 21 Jan 2012 - 5:14 PM
    smileatchrisdev

Lol yeah the pint was mine was a hot day lol

EddieAC
    EddieAC  9681 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2012 - 5:29 AM

A very nicely laid out site.

Just two very minor things....

On the Portraiture/Children page you have a sentence that reads "Why risk forgetting them special moments...?" I would change this so it reads "Why risk forgetting those special moments...?".

This reads better and maintains the quality of your page.

Similarly on the "About Me" page you have "My first ever camera purchased was with the sole intent to capture them special moments of Ruby's life.". I would also replace "them" with "those" for the same reason.

Everything else seems problem free.

smileatchrisdev

thanks everyone Smile

miked70
    miked70  5225 forum posts South Africa3 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2012 - 5:32 AM

first nice looking site
    as a web designer i run it on Yslow you ranked 60 with a grade D should be around 90+ grade A
    on Smushit you can save 360kb of wasted bandwith (images could be smaller in size fast viewing)
    on Woorank you score 30 (40-50) is ok
    on W3c you have 350 Errors, 485 warning(s) Should be none
    so from the back it is very bad all of these need to be sorted for page ranking and spider crawling.
    so if you made it back to the pc to solve them, or to beat your web designer about the head for not doing there job

smileatchrisdev

Wheres my club lol

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    24 Jan 2012 - 12:18 PM

There's an easy performance win. Switch on or ask your dev to switch on gzip compression. Costs nothing an will improve the overall network load. Also, if you can add expiry rules to .htaccess this will also improve the scoring. Obviously an A grade is ideal but excellent sites such as ePhotozine don't even manage that. Sure you can get an A for simple, mostly text sites but don't break your back for the it as you and your users will probably find little real world difference. You should be able to get up to B for not too much effort (90% is a B). Start with the biggies but the simplies such as gzip and expires as suggested. Then see where you are.

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    24 Jan 2012 - 12:23 PM

Slight update. EPZ gets a B with Adblock running (81%) and C (without 79%). Clearly, high volume or graphic intensive sites are going to rate lower (or require a lot of effort to get the last few performance gains).

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.