Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

My website has disappeared from google?

Lucian 4 561
24 Aug 2014 2:30PM
I have a website that used to always come up within the top 3 in google and for some reason it has disappeared and I don't know why. Can anyone explain. What can I do to get it to the top again?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
24 Aug 2014 2:52PM
Google giveth and Google taketh away again...blessed be the name of Google...
or
Google works in a mysterious way, its wonders to perform.

Sorry Lucian, couldn't resist....I hope you get it sorted asap.

Malc
Lucian 4 561
24 Aug 2014 3:41PM
Im just confused as to how it can disappear. I recently enlisted all my domains in the keyword section of my main website and done backlinks between all my sites. This is maybe the cause of the problem but some of my other sites have not been affected.
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
24 Aug 2014 4:00PM
Google is constantly refining its algorithm.

Links that Googlet once saw as genuine recommendation type links from elsewhere on the net may now be seen as self-made spammy reciprocal type links and they won't only lower your ranking they'll actively penalise you. The worst offenders get totally removed.

All is not lost though - they do a free course showing you do's and don'ts of SEO From the horse's mouth.

Be careful though with Webmaster Academy searches as there's someone with a sound-a-like name who I don't think are related to Google but pretend they are.
Lucian 4 561
24 Aug 2014 4:04PM
thanks for the link. I hope that if i have been penalised then i will be able to alter my site in some way to get it indexed again. It is the time of year when i start taking bookings for next year so it is vital that my sites are ranked high. The traffic to them last week was very low compared to previous weeks so i am a little bit worried.
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
24 Aug 2014 6:59PM
I always wonder about search engine optimization.

If someone advertises that they can tweak your photographic business's site so that you are in the top ten on page 1, what if 11 businesses take up the offer?
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
24 Aug 2014 7:13PM
You see them on here before the mods delete them. A load of waffle with a link that someone has paid money for.
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
24 Aug 2014 8:12PM
I always speak to them if they phone and I say one simple thing in response to their promises: "I'll pay you by results. I'll sign up on the basis that you only invoice me when you deliver upon your promise. So if you claim you can make me the number one result by for a particular search term you will be paid when that comes true."

Their previous confidence at being able to perform magic with Google evaporates at this point.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.