Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My website version 4

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
dasantillo
17 Feb 2009 - 3:56 PM

I've just redesigned my website slightly (for the forth time since 2003) to make it more slick and also easier for me to update.

website

Comments would be appreciated Smile

Limitations: Some captions are wrong in the gallery. The buy page is just an index page at the moment. Everything else should work.

Thanks for looking Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Feb 2009 - 3:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dave1207
dave1207  6 England
17 Feb 2009 - 7:58 PM

Very nice...easy to navigate, loads quickly and you have some stunning images on there. I'm not an expert on web design etc but found it a pleasure to view....can't fault it.
Dave.

kinfatric
kinfatric  9550 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2009 - 8:16 PM

I had a look earlier great images as already said and easy enough to find your way around

dasantillo
18 Feb 2009 - 9:42 AM

Thanks for looking. It's good to know that I seem to have got it right.

Richsr
Richsr e2 Member 790 forum postsRichsr vcard England205 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2009 - 12:06 PM

Do a good job with this - some good images too and easy to find your way around.
Regards Richard.

maggie9
maggie9  545 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2009 - 7:25 PM

wow, really enjoyed browsing around, some amazing photography... very user friendly website with alot of interesting things!

dasantillo
20 Feb 2009 - 6:46 AM

Thanks for looking. It's good to know it's easy to navigate. Some of my post-grad course on Human-Computer Interaction must have sunk in!

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
25 Feb 2009 - 3:38 PM

It loads quickly for me & my broadband isn't the speediest. I like the layout and design, with great photography to match. I'd like information on where each photo is specifically but that's just me probably.

Good work,

Ian.

User_Removed
25 Feb 2009 - 4:23 PM

I just clicked on an image and the caption said "Image 1 of 5". Any chance of a "next" button to save closing the window and loading the next pic ?.

Otherwise a nice site & good pics.

User_Removed
25 Feb 2009 - 4:54 PM

Doh

Just realised this feature is built into the viewer. Hotspots on the image for previous/next.

Perhaps a bit of text at the top of the page to mention this feature would be useful.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 25 Feb 2009 - 4:55 PM
sgamble
sgamble  539 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2009 - 10:39 PM

Nice and easy to navigate, plenty or relevant information about the images and lots of images too - so it gets my nod.

Did you code it up yourself? If so it is time to nail the SEO stuff. If that doesn't mean anything ignore that!

Last Modified By sgamble at 25 Feb 2009 - 10:40 PM
dasantillo
26 Feb 2009 - 5:49 AM

Quote: Did you code it up yourself? If so it is time to nail the SEO stuff. If that doesn't mean anything ignore that!

Thanks. Yep coded it myself (used to be a software engineer), except using Wordpress for the blog and Slimbox 2 for displaying the large photos in the gallery.

I've already done SEO stuff like title changing on each page, menu at bottom as well as top. I'm going to reinstate the tags in the blog too. Was there something specific you spotted, or where you just talking generally?

Last Modified By dasantillo at 26 Feb 2009 - 5:50 AM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Feb 2009 - 8:51 AM

Hi Dan,

A few thoughts:
Opening page
I think that clicking on the opening slideshow should take you to the galleries.

Buy page:
it says "Gifts can be purchased below using PayPal."
well there are no paypal links or buttons so AFAICs you can't purchase anything using paypal.
The image for Mousemats is missing.
"please contact me for further details" - dosn't look like a link so I don't know I can click on it.

Gallery:
Are you trying to sell the prints here? If so purchasing one seems to be a right faff. No "Buy this print link", I have to make a note of the number then contact you. No information on available sizes etc.

Other than that it's looking good.

dasantillo
26 Feb 2009 - 9:00 AM

Hi lobsterboy,

All valid points - thank you.

With the Buy Page, it's currently work-in-progress. As I get less than 10 purchases a year, it's last on the list. However, the rewrite was to increase that number so it will get done soon.

The idea behind the gallery is that it's a lot of images whereas the buy page is a small subset (based on what sells at craft fairs, etc.) The previous version did have a buy link on every image, but the effort of doing it again far outweighed the actual money it bought in, hence the subset on the buy page. If I start to get a lot more interest, then I might think about it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on it.

Camairish, there will eventually be info about each pic.

The_Crofter, glad you figured it out. It's something I'll think about.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Feb 2009 - 9:10 AM

Quote: The previous version did have a buy link on every image, but the effort of doing it again far outweighed the actual money it bought in,

How are you generating the gallery Dan?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.