Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mypublisher.com Has anyone heard of them.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    A_Harrison
    10 Mar 2005 - 2:25 PM

This web sight comes highly recommended and the prices seem very fair.I've played with the software,its really easy to use.Before I order a book I'd like to know what others think,and if anyones tried it already,what were the results?

Thanks.Allan

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Mar 2005 - 2:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

c_evans99
    c_evans99  107013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2005 - 2:06 AM

At least their upfront about being a 'vanity publisher'.

Ceri

keithh
    keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2005 - 2:40 AM

It's Print on Demand, using Flat Bed digital printing....ie..they can print one copy or thousands of copies without extra cost. Been around for about four years(ish) and the Americans got on board very early. There are similar companies in the UK, but they will, on the whole, charge you a set up fee.

Can't see them being any better or worse than other POD printers.

c_evans99
    c_evans99  107013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2005 - 4:55 AM

In a non-photographic context I've been dealing with POD printers for eight or more years, though I think the company I work for was the first UK publisher to do so (we've always called it M.O.D - manufacturing on demand) - I can't say what the unit costs are but a perfect bound book retails for around 20.

Ceri

covey
    covey  91672 forum posts Ireland
    11 Mar 2005 - 6:12 AM

Yep.

A friend at work got an album for his engagement. Top class, well bound around 140 images all on glossy book paper and $30 was great value. They have smaller ones also. I was mighty impressed but don't know if they ship overseas.

T.

jakabout
    jakabout  91741 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2005 - 10:01 AM

Wow - how exciting!!!! Please could someone give me the name of a company offering similar services as mypublisher.com in the UK? Who would have thunk it? I now have a million ideas. Probably ideas others have already thought of .....

I'm on the rocky road to professional photography and REALLY like the idea of this. Oh, the possibilities.

Sorry, am waxing lyrical over a glass of cheap Spanish red.....

Cheers! Judi

keithh
    keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2005 - 12:21 PM

UK POD companies will charge you a set up fee, which can be in the region of 1,000. A rip off for entering your PDF file into a computer, but there you go.
    Straight digital printing would your best bet in the UK, but you'd need to promise say 100 copies.

You may get lucky.

A_Harrison
    11 Mar 2005 - 3:18 PM

Thanks.I'm not hearing anything really negative here.I thought it might be a good way to present my work to friends and family.I'm also setting up a show of my stuff for the fall and thought if I had a few of these to sell then,would be a good Idea.

Allan

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.