Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

myspace!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

sugarbird
sugarbird  10223 forum posts South Africa
9 Jan 2007 - 8:59 PM

How good is this myspace thingy for networking, I tried it for two days before someone decided to get into my account and delete me!!! And I got all sorts of lovely people contacting me like "rockabilly Jesus"...hmmm...but it did look nice with the slideshow and all..would flickr be a better option for me?...Also no response from myspace asking them WHY my account was removed...thanks folks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Jan 2007 - 8:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2007 - 9:07 PM

hi , my encounters with easyspace and bebo sites havnt been as much fun, mainly kids stealing pictures and claiming they are their own etc

as with any internet encounters beware all is not what its claimed to be, that teenage girl could be 50 year old barry from birmingham

plus you have done a good job of networking on here

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
sugarbird
9 Jan 2007 - 9:26 PM

Thanks Paul, I am a tad "naive" when it comes to this....50 year old "Barry" -Smile....I just noted that some well respected musicians and some photgraphers are on the site but the so called "friends" really seems a pick up joint...I am also trying to design my own webpage, probably photium is a good way to start?? Thanks again

keith selmes
9 Jan 2007 - 9:44 PM

very recent thread where we compare notes on photium and clikpic for photographer websites.
Clikpic starting price is lower, but photium gives you a 30 day trial period.
Also, Photium is run by Will (the Will), and epz members get 14 months for the 12 month subscription.

I think Photium is more adaptable, but if you read that thread you'll see there are differing opinions.

Either is a good template based start for a simple photography site with a fair amount of design options.

sugarbird
9 Jan 2007 - 9:47 PM

Thanks Keith...I will check them both out...

ZenTog
9 Jan 2007 - 9:48 PM

I would recommend photoium, its easy to use and will seems to solve any problems very effeciantly and rapidly
also I hae had good takings from my photium site, the first time I have made any money at all from web site sales

it has a slide show facility and options to buy more pictures and beter facilites

also has an excelletn shoping trolley for sales etc

check out my site the link is in my portfolio
hows australia going??

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2007 - 9:57 PM

As far as I understand sites liket myspace and flickr provide a totally different service to Photium and Clickpit which are more geared towards facilitating showcase galleries and online selling for photographers. The former are more what I would call networking sites, depends who you want to network with! I don't really like the look of them, though flickr seems to slightly have the edge, if I were considering which one I'd rather browse.

(as far as I know, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

And there are probably plenty of very nice 50yr old Barrys from Birmingham (and probably a few on EPZ too!). We may not all be looking for teenage girls on myspace Paul!

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2007 - 9:58 PM

(only teasing Paul - but it did sound bad!)

ZenTog
9 Jan 2007 - 10:06 PM

only using the barrie from brum as an example, it could be keit hfrom selby or what ever, my teenage daughter uses both sites and I am not very happy overthe language used and the amount of sexual chat on both sites

LOL at SUS are you looking for a Barry from Brum

sugarbird
9 Jan 2007 - 10:15 PM

Thanks folks, Sus and Paul, Paul, going fine in Australia, a bit homesick, actually though myspace would find "friends" too, more like "fiends' -Smile...mostly it is a fun site but everyone seems to overdo the designs on the page and it just looks messy, and got some really "strange" comments...I am represented by my Agent in Canada as well www.iris464.com which is a good showcase for my work, but its nice to have a website too...still trying to figure out how to actually make money from this "gig"...and what magazines to submit to..time takes time....meanwhile I will study the Community Welfare course so as I will have a "dayjob"....

ZenTog
9 Jan 2007 - 10:18 PM

plenty of subject matter in community welfare to image as well, probally knowing your skills you would make money from it as well

sugarbird
9 Jan 2007 - 10:21 PM

Yes Paul and I am a patient woman, I don't need to rush things...at least I am doing what I love....

ZenTog
9 Jan 2007 - 10:23 PM

its took me three years to put a website up, and thats only because of pestering from the horse event people, but now glad I did its working well and selling as many pics at some events as I do on the day means more work though

sugarbird
9 Jan 2007 - 11:05 PM

Great you are getting so much work..documentary work like mine is hard to sell, I love Sports/event phootgraphy..and I know landscapes probably sell the best but I know my limits and I am still hopeless at them, the nudes always sell but I don't think I even want to sell them...one day maybe...to me, my documentary work is better..but some prefer the others..like my colour images, which I will still do occasionally...thanks for the chat, still getting used to suburbia -Smile

ZenTog
9 Jan 2007 - 11:09 PM

you get great light in oz, plus theres plenty of material to work with, think the aboriginal peoples are often unrepresented in good picture documentarys

the nudes would be a good seller some off your are truly first class work, I am currently setitng a small studio up to do portrait work , both personal and commercial

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.