Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Name and shame.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

southsnapper
10 May 2008 - 6:39 PM

Last week I caught the culprit who has been bringing his dog round to foul my lawn, not only did I catch him doing it I also got a photograph of him walking away after being being challenged to pick it up by myself and half a dozen other witnesses, ( we just happened to be watching the air ambulance land on the village green when the event occurred) I did call the local dog warden who because I only had the man's address and didn't know his name couldn't issue a fixed penalty ticket, only a written warning, incidentally the dog warden also informed me that a photograph of the act wasn't actually admissible evidence, that surprised me!

Today whilst cutting the grass and pondering the meaning of life, as you do, I thought I could make up some little posters and put them up around the village, something of along the lines of Dirty people don't pick up after their dogs and a picture of the culprit with his not so responsible owner.

My question is, what would the legality of this be? would I be likely to find my self in Mr Plods best room with out a view?

I've read somewhere that the police employ similar tactics for known offenders,do they have special dispensation to do it?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 May 2008 - 6:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2008 - 7:07 PM

LOL Smile

What does the guy say when you've spoken to him in the past?

Be interesting to know what is useful evidence, if a picture isn't. What do they want .. or shouldn't I ask Wink

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2008 - 7:15 PM

Put it in an envelope and post it through his door.

bigsean
bigsean  6164 forum posts Wales
10 May 2008 - 7:16 PM

I know how angry this had made you, as a dog owner i clean up after my two Boxers. Make sure the posters are anonymous. if there is any legal wranglings you can say it was not me.

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2008 - 7:17 PM

Quote: I've read somewhere that the police employ similar tactics for known offenders,do they have special dispensation to do it?

I've heard about the CPS throwing out a case despite photos of a 'local well known' entering a car and leaving with the stereo in his hands Sad

dave thelens
10 May 2008 - 7:17 PM

Quote: Put it in an envelope and post it through his door.

Or ... pick it all up for him for a week or so, put it all in a carrier bag and then leave it on his lawn with note saying ... This is yours I believe

DTL

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2008 - 7:44 PM

Quote: Or ... pick it all up for him for a week or so, put it all in a carrier bag and then leave it on his lawn with note saying ... This is yours I believe

NO NO NO!

Definitely the wrong thing to do!

Collect it all up and put it in a Paper Bag.
Then put it on his front door step and set fire to it, ring the door bell and run off.
Hide round the corner and have a good laugh when he come to the door and proceeds to stamp it out with his foot.

Grin

Please note:
This is dangerous and I accept no responsibility to any trouble arising from such an action.

Last Modified By dougv at 10 May 2008 - 7:46 PM
SuziBlue
10 May 2008 - 7:45 PM

The only thing to watch out for is that this doesn't escalate. I know he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court but neither do you want to be whacked with anything that hurts and end up with any lasting damage. Neither do you want your own dog hurt. This might all sound far fetched but someone letting their dog poo on your lawn is being deliberately provocative and is angling for a fight.

Seriously. Talk to him first with a witness (to prove that you were reasonable and to make a note of how he reacted).

Find out exactly what proof you need to get him prosecuted under whatever byelaw is relevant, and get the proof. Then use it. Don't lose your temper.

It's far more fun to post dog poo onto his hall carpet 8-] (and Doug's idea is particularly good value - hehe) but what do you want out of this - a full scale neighbourhood war with windows getting smashed, or for him to stop his dog pooing on your lawn.

Smile

I know. I'm so boring. lol

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 10 May 2008 - 7:46 PM
uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2008 - 7:46 PM

Doug your showing sings of a misspent youth now Wink

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2008 - 7:48 PM

A small doggy poo parcel fixed to the offenders exhaust of his car can also bring hours of amusement!

Wink

Kris_Dutson
10 May 2008 - 7:58 PM

Quote: The only thing to watch out for is that this doesn't escalate

Agreed, he may bring an elephant next time...

Wink

culturedcanvas
10 May 2008 - 8:01 PM

Id advise not making matters worse unless youa re prepared for the consequences.

If you can put up with this annoying matter in the short term it is highly likely he will become bored of his activities and seek diversion elsewhere.

SuziBlue
10 May 2008 - 8:07 PM

In principle I'd agree with that Dan, but for the fact that people angling for confrontation will usually escalate matters themselves because they're not getting the attention they want.

God knows why this guy chooses Robert's lawn to empty his dog .. maybe he's harbouring some ill founded grievance of his own and thinks he's being clever .. Wink

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2008 - 8:11 PM

Stick a fake cam on the front of your house...

You can pick em up for buttons and see how he handles thinking he is getting recorded.

jimthistle73
10 May 2008 - 8:13 PM

Go round and s**t on his lawn.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.