Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Naming individual shots

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Simmo711
    Simmo711  1 United Kingdom
    10 Feb 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi, is there anyone out there who can help me. I'm trying to find out if my Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ20, used for building plant room surveys, has the capability to manually name shots specific to a location. I.e. Lower Plant Room - panel 1.

The GPS location identification is fine but I need to be more specific, currently I write down the location with associated picture number(s).

If this camera doesn't have the capability, can anyone guide me towards any that do, cheers.

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Feb 2013 - 11:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_Hilton
    10 Feb 2013 - 1:21 PM

Could you not record the location in the cameras metadata?

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Feb 2013 - 1:29 PM

Some cameras have gps built in which will give location to latitude / longitude accuracy, but not name it. I'm not sure if any camera has that ability. There have been cameras where titles could be added. If I remember correctly Ricoh was the last to do this. Josh is our camera reviewer and knows his way around most current cameras so I'll ask him to comment.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96289 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Feb 2013 - 1:35 PM

Sad to say but I think a notebook & pencil is the only & best option.

What you can do however is once copied to your computer do a bulk rename of the filenames to include date / location and further enhanced by adding suitable keywords to your images.

I use Lightroom and this is so easy to do Smile

Simmo711
    Simmo711  1 United Kingdom
    10 Feb 2013 - 2:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your input, very much appreciated also Nick, apologies for my naivety, how would this be done exactly?

joshwa
    joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3601 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
    11 Feb 2013 - 9:42 AM

One option would be to get a camera that supports entering Copyright information - normally this would be your name, but you could change it to whatever you wanted each time you took a fresh set of photos.

User_Removed
    11 Feb 2013 - 10:01 AM

From what OP says looks like he'd have to re-enter that info for every shot and where you do it is bound to be buried in the menus.

Perhaps use the likes of this in combo with a smartphone, tablet or laptop and name them as they come up on the screen.

chalkhillblue
    chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hello
    I just had a quick look online at the operators manual,
    Menu, setting the menu,menu type, using GPS function (75), it states "you can select the GPS setting, location and other settings",
    might be worth looking at, it looks as if you can change/enter information.
    David

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.