Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

NAPP Membership $99.00 - Is it value?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    canonfan46
    24 Jan 2013 - 8:49 PM

Hi all,
    Just wondered if there are any members of NAPP who would comment on the value of membership @ $99.00.

Cheers
    John

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Jan 2013 - 8:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk
    puertouk  31081 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2013 - 10:36 AM

You get 10 magazines a year, plus other benefits, which are OK if you live in the USA.

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2013 - 6:08 PM

Well I won a year's membership in November in a competition so by accident rather than design I am a member.Tongue

Its run by Scott Kelby. You can read the magazine "Photoshop User" on-line (if you like doing such a thing - not all do) without having to emigrate to the USA. My impression is that it is mainly aimed at those who manipulate photos and or are graphic designers i.e. using Photoshop for what it was originally designed for rather than straight photography. But there is still lots to interest a photographer who uses PS or LR.

There are a loads of on-line tutorials to help you learn techniques in Photoshop & Lightroom which are useful as long as you can listen to them without upsetting others (or wear earphones). They are very thorough and in-depth (and often long but you can bookmark and come back when convenient)

There is a community page where photos are loaded by members but as far as I can tell little feedback or chat.

I'm probably not selling it to you! It really depends on what you are interested in. I browse the magazine and watch some tutorials but I doubt I will renew my subscription because I just don't have/don't make the time to use it enough.

Hope that helps...............Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    canonfan46
    25 Jan 2013 - 7:41 PM

Thanks Scutter, I am looking for video tuition in both Lightroom and Photoshop. Most videos on Lightroom are very basic and I was hoping for something a bit more in-depth. On the other hand, the basics of Photoshop will suffice at present.

Thanks
    John

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.