Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

NAPP Membership $99.00 - Is it value?

canonfan46 5 1.1k United Kingdom
24 Jan 2013 8:49PM
Hi all,
Just wondered if there are any members of NAPP who would comment on the value of membership @ $99.00.

Cheers
John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2013 10:36AM
You get 10 magazines a year, plus other benefits, which are OK if you live in the USA.
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2013 6:08PM
Well I won a year's membership in November in a competition so by accident rather than design I am a member.Tongue

Its run by Scott Kelby. You can read the magazine "Photoshop User" on-line (if you like doing such a thing - not all do) without having to emigrate to the USA. My impression is that it is mainly aimed at those who manipulate photos and or are graphic designers i.e. using Photoshop for what it was originally designed for rather than straight photography. But there is still lots to interest a photographer who uses PS or LR.

There are a loads of on-line tutorials to help you learn techniques in Photoshop & Lightroom which are useful as long as you can listen to them without upsetting others (or wear earphones). They are very thorough and in-depth (and often long but you can bookmark and come back when convenient)

There is a community page where photos are loaded by members but as far as I can tell little feedback or chat.

I'm probably not selling it to you! It really depends on what you are interested in. I browse the magazine and watch some tutorials but I doubt I will renew my subscription because I just don't have/don't make the time to use it enough.

Hope that helps...............Smile
canonfan46 5 1.1k United Kingdom
25 Jan 2013 7:41PM
Thanks Scutter, I am looking for video tuition in both Lightroom and Photoshop. Most videos on Lightroom are very basic and I was hoping for something a bit more in-depth. On the other hand, the basics of Photoshop will suffice at present.

Thanks
John

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.