Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

ND filters

mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2012 9:44AM

Quote:Cokin is in the process of being taken over by Hoya (according to Jessops last weekend). They are becoming increasingly difficult to get as I also found out at the weekend! I am looking to replace my Cokin soft grads with Hitech which look pretty good. My Cokin filters scratched very easily as they are a type of resin and have now become unusable.

My experience may be quite old now, but I found Hitek a good upgrade for cokin.

The 82mm Hitek filters will fit into the Cokin P holder, but they are a Tight fit.

to prevent scratches, invest in a padded cloth pouch - I always found the plastic boxes Cokin supply actively scratch the filter.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
20 Jan 2012 9:49AM

Quote:Cokin is in the process of being taken over by Hoya (according to Jessops last weekend). They are becoming increasingly difficult to get as I also found out at the weekend! I am looking to replace my Cokin soft grads with Hitech which look pretty good. My Cokin filters scratched very easily as they are a type of resin and have now become unusable.

I'd heard the same thing at Bristol Camera's a while ago........I must admit the Hitek filters I have do seem to be of very good quality, not that I'd know what was a good quality filter if it hit me on the end of the nose!

Ade
20 Jan 2012 1:17PM

Quote:to prevent scratches, invest in a padded cloth pouch - I always found the plastic boxes Cokin supply actively scratch the filter.

I use a soft CD pouch with cloth inserts, and which holds about a dozen CD's to hold my Cokin filters. Works for me and keeps them clean and safe. Think it was a freebie from some car company, so no idea where to get another like it. Not looked.

Dorothy
ChrisTom 6 72 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2012 4:08PM

Quote:Hi all
I am keen to buy a ND filter after a bit of good advice from a good amateur photographer i met. But I am not sure which one to buy for suiting most situations. i have had a look and their are many different types etc. any quick advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Gregg.....

Have a look at, (Premier Ink & Photographic) web site. For filter systems.

Very competitive pricing, plus they give excellent customer service. Wink

Take care.

Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Greggy e2
2 4 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2012 9:12PM
as a new member i would like to thank you all for your great response and advice. I have purchased a couple of screw in filters by Kood to start off with. i will take all your advice on board.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.