Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ND filters

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2012 - 9:44 AM

Quote: Cokin is in the process of being taken over by Hoya (according to Jessops last weekend). They are becoming increasingly difficult to get as I also found out at the weekend! I am looking to replace my Cokin soft grads with Hitech which look pretty good. My Cokin filters scratched very easily as they are a type of resin and have now become unusable.

My experience may be quite old now, but I found Hitek a good upgrade for cokin.

The 82mm Hitek filters will fit into the Cokin P holder, but they are a Tight fit.

to prevent scratches, invest in a padded cloth pouch - I always found the plastic boxes Cokin supply actively scratch the filter.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Jan 2012 - 9:44 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2012 - 9:49 AM

Quote: Cokin is in the process of being taken over by Hoya (according to Jessops last weekend). They are becoming increasingly difficult to get as I also found out at the weekend! I am looking to replace my Cokin soft grads with Hitech which look pretty good. My Cokin filters scratched very easily as they are a type of resin and have now become unusable.

I'd heard the same thing at Bristol Camera's a while ago........I must admit the Hitek filters I have do seem to be of very good quality, not that I'd know what was a good quality filter if it hit me on the end of the nose!

Ade

waineswitch
20 Jan 2012 - 1:17 PM

Quote: to prevent scratches, invest in a padded cloth pouch - I always found the plastic boxes Cokin supply actively scratch the filter.

I use a soft CD pouch with cloth inserts, and which holds about a dozen CD's to hold my Cokin filters. Works for me and keeps them clean and safe. Think it was a freebie from some car company, so no idea where to get another like it. Not looked.

Dorothy

ChrisTom
ChrisTom  672 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Jan 2012 - 4:08 PM

Quote: Hi all
I am keen to buy a ND filter after a bit of good advice from a good amateur photographer i met. But I am not sure which one to buy for suiting most situations. i have had a look and their are many different types etc. any quick advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Gregg.....

Have a look at, (Premier Ink & Photographic) web site. For filter systems.

Very competitive pricing, plus they give excellent customer service. Wink

Take care.

Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

Greggy
Greggy e2 Member 2Greggy vcard United Kingdom
24 Jan 2012 - 9:12 PM

as a new member i would like to thank you all for your great response and advice. I have purchased a couple of screw in filters by Kood to start off with. i will take all your advice on board.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.