Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

NEBOSH Course

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2007 - 6:16 PM

Hi all, I'm off on a NEBOSH course next month. It's a 10 day course with 3 exams at the end. Has anybody done this course, and if so what can I expect.....apart from a headache?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Feb 2007 - 6:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    24 Feb 2007 - 6:24 PM

Quote: NEBOSH

??

keithh
    keithh  1022726 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2007 - 6:27 PM

I don;t think NEBOSH stand sof ro anything - it's all over t'internet but just as Nebosh, so maybe it's Bob Nebosh

Snapper
    Snapper  93687 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2007 - 6:31 PM

National Examining Body for Occupational Safety and Health.

sidaorb
    sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2007 - 6:32 PM

Ex-wife did it a few years back, she said it was basically logic but she had a few rules and regs she had to remember. She passed it with distinction so couldn't be that hard Wink

Carl

sawdust
    sawdust  872 forum posts
    24 Feb 2007 - 7:30 PM

Headache then when you get to use it you will be like a trafic warden needed but hated .I sit my exams next week if you can remember a few rules and regs like about 30 pages then no problem but to put them to use in the real world then thats a different matter. we have some folk on are course great with the text book and will prob get distinction or credit but put them on the front line with worker's health or even life at risk then thats a different story. try the HSE web site for information take loads of notes during your course take it to hart. If I can be of help with any thing PM me.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    User_Removed
    24 Feb 2007 - 7:40 PM

Quote: she said it was basically logic but she had a few rules and regs she had to remember.

Like so many things in every day life then.. i.e. nothing exceptional.

Snapper
    Snapper  93687 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2007 - 9:14 PM

Quote: National Examining Body for Occupational Safety and Health.

Too smart for my own good, the EB is actually Examination Board. Google also gets a link to the IOSH website where there are study forums apparently.

SimyD
    SimyD  9143 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Feb 2007 - 9:25 PM

Completed my NEBOSH last year. I completed mine over a 16 week period so not sure how the 10 day course is laid out.

All you need to really remember is that virtually everything is based around safe systems of work and risk assessments. You do not need to remember all of HASWA but you will need to remember what duties the employer and employees have also you will need to read up on some of the more important regulations and understand the differences between civil and crown court.

Hope this helps

Simon

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Graysta
    Graysta  91131 forum posts England
    25 Feb 2007 - 7:09 AM

Did mine 9 years ago,SimyD has got it spot on.One Question always stuck in my head,it was when do you need P.P.E.(personal protective equipment. to save anybody googling).Nowadays it seems to be worn even for walking the dog. correct answer used to be when all other risks have been removed.One or the big question regs used to be the C.D.M. - Graham

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2007 - 12:32 PM

Thanks all. At least I have some idea of what to expect now.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.