Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

NEC 2090uxi and Epson R1800 calibration

fishiee e2
10 469 3 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2008 12:32PM
Hi,

Having finally got around to getting a decent monitor I am now in the position where I want to calibrate my setup and get away from running umpteen test prints to get a half accurate match on paper of what I see on screen.

Unfortunately I know very little about printer/monitor profiling. What would be the best hardware/software combination for my hardware to get the best results from my setup (printing through Photoshop CS2 on top of Vista).

Any advice is much appreciated.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Feb 2008 12:40PM
First, calibrate your screen with one of the mainstream calibration products such as Spyder (there's a raft of them and they're all good) then follow the instruction here .

Job done.

Smile
fishiee e2
10 469 3 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2008 5:56PM
I Mike,

I realise that's what I need to do. My question was more is there is any monitor calibrator that is regarded as the best or whether I should get a combined monitor and printer kit rather than 2 seperate packages/devices.

I think I saw somewhere that the NEC doesn't work with certain devices or something?
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Feb 2008 7:24PM
It's in my reply friend....

Smile
mlewis 10 1.5k United Kingdom
8 Feb 2008 9:14PM
Best to use separate kit for each device unless spending a lot of money.

The NEC is not good with a Spyder 2. Use an Eye One Display 2 or similar.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.