Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Need a Canon 24-105mm Lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MrDennis
MrDennis  5226 forum posts Wales
31 Dec 2013 - 3:41 PM

Hi All..I'm looking for a Canon 24-105 lens for my New 5D3. Alas the price is high as most of my cash went on the camera.
Looking for price of 500 or less. How Good or Bad is DigitalRev. Does Canon give you Warranty from them on lenses.
Many Thanks
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL
Dennis.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Dec 2013 - 3:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  46189 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2013 - 4:08 PM

I have heard only good things about digital rev.
Digital rev offer a warranty whose wording suggests the lens would not be covered by the Canon warranty, but in general lenses are covered by worldwide warranty, camera bodies by a regional warranty.

HDEW (UK based) are selling new lenses for 545 so you may want to pay a little (?) more for peace of mind.
MPB photographic (their advert is to the right of the screen) are selling secondhand for about 470 and comes with a short warranty period.

MrDennis
31 Dec 2013 - 4:48 PM

Thanks mikehit..Appreciated. DigitalRev price for White Box is 479 and at hDew is 545 FlashCamera 575 (Ian Kerr) Just bought my 5D3 from Ian. Might give DigitalRev a go...Thanks

Mozzytheboy
Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2013 - 4:57 PM

Dennis is Digital Rev a trusted seller? I'm looking to change my 500D to a 7D or 70D and they do seem very good on pricing?

Many thanks

Mozzy

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
31 Dec 2013 - 6:17 PM

DigitalRev are certainly trustworthy, but be aware that you may get charged customs duty/VAT at this end......some get through..some get caught !

ikett
ikett  3329 forum posts England
31 Dec 2013 - 6:32 PM

Canon L lenses have an international warranty.

parallax
parallax e2 Member 5111 forum postsparallax vcard United Kingdom
31 Dec 2013 - 6:39 PM

You could also try CameraJungle who offer an excellent range of second hand Canon lenses

MrDennis
31 Dec 2013 - 7:28 PM

DigitalRev certainly get them from Hong kong. Not sure if Canon will Warranty them, as i'm still trying to find that out. DigitalRev will Honour Warranty if anything goes wrong in first year. I do know that if you buy Canon gear anywhere in Europe, they will honour warranty. Yet I have bought a Canon 400 f5.6 from Kerso a few years ago and he brings them in from USA to Scotland and Canon honoured the Warranty. I just registered my 5D3 from Kerso with Canon, but not concerned with Warranmty as Ian Kerr ( Kerso) will honour it. DigitalRev say they post their gear from UK. I'm making sure of that before I order. Will let you know when I know.
Will gice CameraJungle a look at in about an hours time as I'm off for my Tea. Thanks All.

lawbert
lawbert  71696 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2013 - 7:31 PM

Prices are high at the moment....if you can hold tight for a while there always seem to a lot of white box ones released to UK sellers....I paid 560 for mine from Digital Depot with Canon Warranty and a free year from them.

MrDennis
31 Dec 2013 - 8:18 PM

479 from DigitalRev (White Box) + Warranty...Looks like it will be DigitalRev then. Plenty of Good Happy Customers who bought from them. HAPPY NEW YEAR..

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2014 - 9:37 AM

your be ok with digital rev i have bought lens's & a camera from them before Wink

stevew10000
stevew10000 e2 Member 258 forum postsstevew10000 vcard United Kingdom
1 Jan 2014 - 1:59 PM

Digital rev have not provided any service for my 7d under warranty.

Would never ever buy from them again.

mikehit
mikehit  46189 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2014 - 2:50 PM

Quote: Digital rev have not provided any service for my 7d under warranty.

Do you mean they have not supported a repair under warranty or do you mean that they are not paying for a 'service check-up' of the camera that you would normally expect under Canon standard T&Cs?

stevew10000
stevew10000 e2 Member 258 forum postsstevew10000 vcard United Kingdom
1 Jan 2014 - 11:02 PM

Quote: Digital rev have not provided any service for my 7d under warranty.

Do you mean they have not supported a repair under warranty or do you mean that they are not paying for a 'service check-up' of the camera that you would normally expect under Canon standard T&Cs?

They have not repaired the camera under warranty. Nor do they reply to phone or emails. But not surprisingly when I contact them to buy they reply immediately.

Simply do not trust them, the aggravation is not worth the savings.

strawman
strawman  1022003 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2014 - 11:09 PM

L series lenses should come with an international warranty so you can send them direct to a Canon service centre as Ikett pointed out. Personally I would not buy from a grey importer because of the reduced protection you get etc. Your position in law is much weaker and often you end up taking the role of importer especially if the item you buy is shipped from outside the country. Make certain you pay all your taxes of course Smile

Why not buy 2nd hand if you want to spend less.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.