Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Need a hug!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5365 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 2:38 PM

Grin good...can't have a girl feeling down

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Nov 2011 - 2:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
12 Nov 2011 - 2:39 PM

Quote: Who is going to be about at 2am when i'm having my break at work???

Try it... you'll be surprised!!

Wink

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 3:10 PM

Quote: Who is going to be about at 2am when i'm having my break at work???

Try it... you'll be surprised!!

Wink

Will have a peep Wink

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 3:55 PM

Maybe I can tell you what inspired me this week. It doesn't sound cheery but bear with me.

A few years ago one of our eployees left us to join the army via officer training at Sandhurst. We knew he'd completed his training and he joined the engineers. Around a month ago we heard through the grapevine that he had returned from Afghanistan suffering from severe injuries and we later found that he had been hit by an IED, losing both legs.

After a bit of effort I managed to contact him this week to see how he was doing. He told me "the first two weeks were hard"; he's now looking forward to getting a wheelchair and his "new legs". Today he posted on Facebook that he is "supercharged for his recovery". His spirit is remarkable and put my own reaction to hardship in perspective. In fact, he put my definition of hardship into perspective.

It's a poignant story, over these few days in particular, and is quite a testimony to the human spirit.

I don't know how much this story will help you. It's not really the equivalent of a virtual hug, but hopefully it will provide a little inspiration.

Fraser

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 5:04 PM

Agree Fraser. My worries and issues at the moment are insignificant in comparison. These guys are amazing. Thanks for the reality check. Certainly gives you something to think about Smile

Kathryn

maroondah
maroondah  11239 forum posts Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 6:49 PM

This is a SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZE!!! but not to be used before 2am in the morning.
I think that covers you for a while.
Cheers
Gerry

kathrynlouise
12 Nov 2011 - 7:01 PM

I'm a lucky girl with all these sqeeeeeeeezes Grin

Think by 2am i'll be asleep in the staff canteen lol Tongue

Thanks Gerry Wink

Kathryn

User_Removed
12 Nov 2011 - 7:38 PM

Look out!!!!!!!

(SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZEEEE!)

Wink

kathrynlouise
12 Nov 2011 - 7:45 PM

Quote: Look out!!!!!!!

(SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZEEEE!)

Wink

Never had so many squeeeeeezes. Am lovin it Tongue

Lets have a group sqeeeeeze Grin

Mrserenesunrise
Mrserenesunrise e2 Member 350 forum postsMrserenesunrise vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 10:19 PM

Look out, here comes another squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeSmileSmileSmileSmile

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2011 - 12:07 AM

Fraser - thanks for posting that story, I have been bumming around the last week getting a lot of stuff totally OUT of perspective, some minor worries, when in the meantime life deals terrible blows to people - the accident on the M5 last week, and I found out today a relative will have to stay in hospital for weeks if not months.... while I have a terrific week lined up and some very exciting stuff to look forward to, but just couldn't stop moping about what I didn't have... well it does help to get it into perspective, and yesterday I was in the bookshop and remembering that I kept meaning to read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... anyway you know the advice given on the front cover... well suddenly I realised that was exactly what I needed, I was sitting around feeling the world had come to an end and really all I needed was....

DON'T PANIC!

All the best to your friend, I think stuff like that does make you realise what you've got, while the rest of us can be oblivious...

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2011 - 3:08 PM

Kathryn - I'm glad my story was a little help.

Sus, I've heard more from him over the weekend and his spirit seems unflagging. I also tend to have a glass half empty approach to life but this story I believe could be life-changing for me, never mind for Alistair (my army friend). I have been so impressed by his spirit that I have decided, with my business partner, to take part in a series of events throughout 2012 to raise money in support of Help for Heros. We are currently working out an itinery which will culminate in one final push in the late summer. I will be announcing this on a number of websites, including epz, early in 2012. Watch this space.

Kathryn, sorry for hijacking the thread, so have another squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze from me in compensation.

Fraser

kathrynlouise
14 Nov 2011 - 3:29 PM

No apology needed Fraser. We all sometimes need a reality check to enable us to put things in perspective. Mine is just personal decisions that i have to make. Watched a good episode of Jeremy Kyle last week, a lady had had petrol poured over her by an ex boyfriend then he set her alight, horrendous burns but her attitude and spirit were amazing.

Wish you all the best with your fund raising and all the best to your friend Wink

Kathryn

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.