Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Need help please ! :)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    nazuki
    nazuki  1
    6 Jan 2013 - 9:41 PM

Hello all,
    I'm a beginner photographer with 2 continous lights and a couple of backdrops and a Sony a37 SLR Camera. I was wondering about why my images come out rather low quality, for example when i transferred 155 images from the camera to my computer i noticed for all that it was only 500mb. Is there any way i can up the resolution ? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jan 2013 - 9:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72328 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2013 - 9:53 PM

If you set your camera to shoot large RAW images, that will be the best 'out of camera'option you can use.
    The camera may be set to take JPG images - hence the small file sizes.

nazuki
    nazuki  1
    6 Jan 2013 - 9:55 PM

Oh ok, never heard about RAW images Smile Is this file type openable in photoshop ? x

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53668 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yes photo shop can open raw files - you may need to update it - but should be fine.

nazuki
    nazuki  1
    6 Jan 2013 - 10:16 PM

It opens it in a random window where i have the option to change image settings ? Any ideas on how to open normally ? :S

Jestertheclown
    6 Jan 2013 - 10:41 PM

That 'random window' sounds like Photoshop's raw conversion page.
    The option to change image settings, I'm guessing in a window on the right, are there for you to make whatever adjustments you see fit before the image is saved as a Jpeg. or whatever format you chose.
    There's a button at the bottom somewhere marked 'open image,' or something similar. Clicking on that will open your adjusted image in Photoshop 'normally.'
    It might be an idea for you to research 'raw' images and Photoshop a little farther.

GazzaG2003
    GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
    6 Jan 2013 - 10:43 PM

maybe your RAW file is opening up with the .DNG converter because your photoshop version doesnt support your RAW file, go to adobe wesite and update to the latest adobe RAW, hopefully it will then support your camera (just a thought)

MichaelMelb_AU

If you wish for a smooth work process you may have a look at Adobe Lightroom or ACDSee PRO. They open the files directly and feature non-destructive editing. But if you need to work with layers - not much choice except the Photoshop.

Stillbase
    Stillbase  362 forum posts Wales
    7 Jan 2013 - 9:35 AM

There is a tremendous amount of free information on the internet about basic digital photography (including RAW shooting and processing). There is also probably a lot about using your model of camera. I think it's probably worth taking your time finding and studying this. Then you will be in a much better position to understand what's going on in your camera and how to get the best out of your photography.

alistairfarrugia
    alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 2:15 PM

Have to agree with all the above posters - it seems that you're not getting the best you can out of the equipment and software you have available, so it's best if you take a small break from shooting and focus on learning a bit. I didn't start out long ago, but I did a LOT of reading on the subject. You can start off here in the forums, in the Techniques pages, as well as on other websites. Join photography communities in social networks and follow one or two good photographers. There's so much to learn that sometimes just reading up will fill your spare time! Of course, balance reading about techniques and stuff with actually trying them out for yourself, so you get the most of the learning process.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.