Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Need help please

azey 7 3
15 Jun 2007 5:26PM
Ive just got the fujifilm S9500 finepix but when im taking pics a green light seems to be beaming out off the camera and it says there must be a finger print etc on the lens but ive check and no mark,as im new to this and dont know much about it any help would be great and any tips plz cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

miptog 9 3.5k 61 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2007 5:31PM
Dont actually have a S9500, but guessing the green beaming light is normal, as its usaully used to help the camera autofocus, and is standard on most digital cameras.

Suggest you switch the camera off, remove the batteries, wait a couple of mins, and then refit the batteries and switch on.

Mike
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
15 Jun 2007 7:11PM

Quote:Left from the internal flash on the camera we find an AF assist illuminator. In dimly lit conditions this feature is definitely needed to control your focus. Press the shutter halfway down to allow the AF assist illuminator to fire. A bright green light will lighten the subject and it allows the S9500 digital camera easier focusing. You will obtain the best result in wide shots; telephotos are also helped by the AF-assistance but the effective range decreases.

just found the above from a general web search...perhaps it explains it. I have a Panasonic and it emits a red/amber light (when flash is closed)

hope that helps Smile
jeff
azey 7 3
15 Jun 2007 9:50PM
Thanks for the info on the camera and yes it does only go green when press half way down,
What sort off tri-pod would i need for my camera S9500 any help would be greatfull thanks
Hugeknot 9 1.2k 2 Iceland
15 Jun 2007 10:16PM

Quote:What sort off tri-pod would i need for my camera S9500 any help would be greatfull thanks

Any sort of tripod as long as it stands still. It is not a heavy camera so a medium size tripod that can at least go to your own height should be more than enough. You will need a tripod for the zoom lens as it has no Image Stabiliser.
EDIT: I think you can turn that green light thing off - one of the menu features, but can't remember which one.
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
16 Jun 2007 12:18AM

Quote:Any sort of tripod as long as it stands still.

Do be careful tho' I got a Jessops tripod which I thought would be fine, then discovered I can only use it in landscape mode - so if you were wanting to take portrait shots too - and you never know when that might happen - even if you taking landscape shots - make sure you can rotate the camera to suit - well worth it for the extra tenner or so Smile

Cheers!

Fran x
16 Jun 2007 1:28AM
How about a suggestion... Try www.calumetphoto.co.uk for their CK6143 tripod...20ish (!!) very solid..and allows the flip to vertical that Fran indicates..I use it..if you hanker for more 'exotic' brands like Manfrotto then keep it in the boot of the car for 'spur-of-the-moment' events..(don't think you'll need to though...seriously it's a solid piece of kit)..
azey 7 3
16 Jun 2007 5:05PM
thanks for info

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.