Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Need help with a question about voting please

13 Nov 2012 10:23PM
Hi fellow members

I keep getting members complaining they can not vote for my photographs /images in my portfolio before I add them to my Gallery.

my question is:
Can people vote on my photographs/images in my porfolio when they have not been added to the gallery.

I am a paying member. I have voting set up in my settings. but other members can only vote once I have added the photographs/images to the gallery and not before.

many thanks for the help in answering my problem.

Zoe Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Nov 2012 10:25PM

Quote:Can people vote on my photographs/images in my porfolio when they have not been added to the gallery.

Don't think so, no.
13 Nov 2012 10:27PM
Thank you for helping ,that is what I thought.
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
14 Nov 2012 1:41AM
The gasllery is a public place where people see your pictures. People can't see the ones in your portfolio unless you've added them to the gallery.

The reason for this I think is so you can organise your shots behind the scenes before you post them to the gallery, or upload a few at a time when you've got time then add them to the gallery later
14 Nov 2012 7:22AM

Quote:The gasllery is a public place where people see your pictures. People can't see the ones in your portfolio unless you've added them to the gallery.

sorry this quote is wrong. people can see my photo's in my portfolio before I post to the gallery. they can only comment on the photo's in my portfolio . they can not vote on the photo's till I add them to the gallery, only view and comment. Photo's have a submit to gallery button when they have not been added to the main Gallery .they still show in your portfolio unless you hide them so people can not view them,before you post to the gallery.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
14 Nov 2012 7:29AM

Quote:sorry this quote is wrong. people can see my photo's in my portfolio before I post to the gallery. they can only comment on the photo's in my portfolio . they can not vote on the photo's till I add them to the gallery, only view and comment. Photo's have a submit to gallery button when they have not been added to the main Gallery .they still show in your portfolio unless you hide them so people can not view them,before you post to the gallery.

I believe that is correct.
14 Nov 2012 10:18AM
I believe you are mixing up the showcase where people post their Gallery photo's with your portfolio.
Showcase photo's can only be added once you have added your photographs to the main gallery.(once a day)
Portfolio you can add photographs to the portfolio . people can see the photographs and comment. but can not vote until I have clicked the submit to gallery button and added them to the Gallery. where they can not comment and vote for photographs .
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
14 Nov 2012 10:40AM

Quote:................ where they can not comment and vote for photographs .

Should that not be now?
14 Nov 2012 10:48AM
your probably right GrinGrinGrin. It keeps changing what I right and putting me back in to the middle of what I am typing as well. must have missed this one
User_Removed 2 155 2 South Africa
14 Nov 2012 11:45AM
yeah I have had the same response ... 'your voting is switched off'.

You can upload to your portfolio without adding to the gallery.

You can comment on PF photos but not vote on them.

You can only vote on photos uploaded from your PF to the gallery.

It took me a bit to work out that yes I did have votes switched on and that no the person can't vote on non-gallery images. Now I just ignore those comments because I can't do anything about it.
14 Nov 2012 11:46AM
Thanks Bugs . you have answered my question and have been very helpful. I just wanted to make sure I had things set up correctly.
GrinGrin
User_Removed 2 155 2 South Africa
14 Nov 2012 11:51AM
pleasure .. I sat and went through every setting possible to try figure it out before it dawned on me that there is obviously no voting on images not uploaded to the gallery.
14 Nov 2012 12:05PM
That's what I did as soon as I kept getting the comments.
I have had to put a little vote warning message in my welcome area to stop the comments.I think it confuses some membersthat they can not vote on all photographs/imges.
I am happy people would love to vote.but sadly we can only up load to the gallery once aday. I understand this is so it's not flooded with photographs. which Is a good idea. GrinGrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.