Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Need help with a question about voting please

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mototaur
    Mototaur e2 Member 126 forum postsMototaur vcard England
    13 Nov 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hi fellow members

I keep getting members complaining they can not vote for my photographs /images in my portfolio before I add them to my Gallery.

my question is:
    Can people vote on my photographs/images in my porfolio when they have not been added to the gallery.

I am a paying member. I have voting set up in my settings. but other members can only vote once I have added the photographs/images to the gallery and not before.

many thanks for the help in answering my problem.

Zoe Grin

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Nov 2012 - 10:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 10:25 PM

Quote: Can people vote on my photographs/images in my porfolio when they have not been added to the gallery.

Don't think so, no.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Mototaur
    13 Nov 2012 - 10:27 PM

Thank you for helping ,that is what I thought.

Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 1:41 AM

The gasllery is a public place where people see your pictures. People can't see the ones in your portfolio unless you've added them to the gallery.

The reason for this I think is so you can organise your shots behind the scenes before you post them to the gallery, or upload a few at a time when you've got time then add them to the gallery later

Mototaur
    14 Nov 2012 - 7:22 AM

[quote]The gasllery is a public place where people see your pictures. People can't see the ones in your portfolio unless you've added them to the gallery.

sorry this quote is wrong. people can see my photo's in my portfolio before I post to the gallery. they can only comment on the photo's in my portfolio . they can not vote on the photo's till I add them to the gallery, only view and comment. Photo's have a submit to gallery button when they have not been added to the main Gallery .they still show in your portfolio unless you hide them so people can not view them,before you post to the gallery.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 7:29 AM

Quote: sorry this quote is wrong. people can see my photo's in my portfolio before I post to the gallery. they can only comment on the photo's in my portfolio . they can not vote on the photo's till I add them to the gallery, only view and comment. Photo's have a submit to gallery button when they have not been added to the main Gallery .they still show in your portfolio unless you hide them so people can not view them,before you post to the gallery.

I believe that is correct.

Mototaur
    14 Nov 2012 - 10:18 AM

I believe you are mixing up the showcase where people post their Gallery photo's with your portfolio.
    Showcase photo's can only be added once you have added your photographs to the main gallery.(once a day)
    Portfolio you can add photographs to the portfolio . people can see the photographs and comment. but can not vote until I have clicked the submit to gallery button and added them to the Gallery. where they can not comment and vote for photographs .

Alan_Baseley
    Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13320 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 10:40 AM

Quote: ................ where they can not comment and vote for photographs .

Should that not be now?

Last Modified By Alan_Baseley at 14 Nov 2012 - 10:40 AM
    Mototaur
    14 Nov 2012 - 10:48 AM

your probably right GrinGrinGrin. It keeps changing what I right and putting me back in to the middle of what I am typing as well. must have missed this one

User_Removed
    14 Nov 2012 - 11:45 AM

yeah I have had the same response ... 'your voting is switched off'.

You can upload to your portfolio without adding to the gallery.

You can comment on PF photos but not vote on them.

You can only vote on photos uploaded from your PF to the gallery.

It took me a bit to work out that yes I did have votes switched on and that no the person can't vote on non-gallery images. Now I just ignore those comments because I can't do anything about it.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Mototaur
    14 Nov 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Bugs . you have answered my question and have been very helpful. I just wanted to make sure I had things set up correctly.
    GrinGrin

User_Removed
    14 Nov 2012 - 11:51 AM

pleasure .. I sat and went through every setting possible to try figure it out before it dawned on me that there is obviously no voting on images not uploaded to the gallery.

Mototaur
    14 Nov 2012 - 12:05 PM

That's what I did as soon as I kept getting the comments.
    I have had to put a little vote warning message in my welcome area to stop the comments.I think it confuses some membersthat they can not vote on all photographs/imges.
    I am happy people would love to vote.but sadly we can only up load to the gallery once aday. I understand this is so it's not flooded with photographs. which Is a good idea. GrinGrinGrin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.