Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Need Help With Image Versions in My PF Please.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    WeeGeordieLass
    WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2339 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
    9 Jun 2013 - 1:55 PM

I upload most of my images to the Critique Gallery. Often I use the advice I've received to produce a final improved version of the image I first uploaded. The final versions are on my hard drive and I haven't uploaded them to my pf as I don't want to have duplicate images showing.

This means that the images showing in my pf are the first, and often not the best, versions.

Can anyone help me?

Is it possible to upload the final version of an image into my pf as another "version" of the first uploaded image, but have the best version showing in the first position in that series in my pf (so any previous uploaded versions of that image are showing as image 2,3,4 etc, and can only be seen when you click on them)?

I wouldn't want to delete my first versions and upload the final ones instead, as I want to keep all of the critiques I've received for future reference.

Have I explained my question clearly here? - I hope I've made sense!

I'd be grateful for any help.

Cheers

Elaine Grin

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Jun 2013 - 1:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown

Quote:
    Have I explained my question clearly here? - I hope I've made sense!

I'd be grateful for any help.

You have.

And no, I can't.

I don't think you can do what you're asking Elaine. I'm pretty sure that that's been mentioned on here before.

I could be wrong though.

WeeGeordieLass
    9 Jun 2013 - 2:40 PM

Hi Bren,

I wonder if you can do it by:

1. Create a new album.
    2. Move all of the first versions of images into that album for which I have created a better version.
    3. Make that album "private" so only I can see it.
    4. Upload my final better versions into my pf.

Maybe this is a question that one of the tech guys could answer.

Thanks for your reply.

Last Modified By WeeGeordieLass at 9 Jun 2013 - 2:43 PM
    sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82308 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jun 2013 - 3:16 PM

Hi Elaine,

The problem is that the original upload is the file that is embedded in the gallery. You can have the better version in your portfolio, but these won't be embedded in the critique gallery along with the original image creating before and after sets.

Adam

WeeGeordieLass
    9 Jun 2013 - 6:41 PM

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

This has been flumoxing me for ages..............I want to display the best versions of my shots, but in my pf it's the 1st versions that I uploaded to the CG that are on show.

I'm still confused - sorry I'm a bit of a "techno thicky". Do I have to somehow delete the 1st versions out of my pf, and then upload the better versions so I only have one version (the best one) showing.

Cheers

Elaine

franken
    franken e2 Member 113096 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jun 2013 - 6:53 PM

You could delete the first versions and then upload the better versions and then add the previous ones as versions.

Unfortunately, all original comments on the first versions would be lost in doing it this way.

Ken

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jun 2013 - 7:16 PM

Highlight and save your comments into a Word document then delete or Hide your unwanted images. You can always edit the word doc then upload with your blurb with your new image if you wish, or just keep them for your information. I did this once here

Last Modified By SlowSong at 9 Jun 2013 - 7:18 PM
    WeeGeordieLass
    9 Jun 2013 - 7:39 PM

Hi Ken and Chris,

Thanks for the suggestions - copying the blurb out of Ephotozine and into Word then deleting and uploading may be the only way forward.

I wish there was an easier way though, most of my original uploads have been improved - it seems a bit of a palaver. I should have thought of this earlier Sad. I suspect there's no quick and easy way to do this.

I've sent a report to the tech quys to see if they can help too.

Thanks - your help is appreciated.

Elaine Grin

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82308 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jun 2013 - 9:44 PM

Elaine,

Remember though that you will also be deleting them from the critique gallery. I understand that you want to show the best version as the default image - I've had the same issue. However, I've kept the images where they are and not deleted anything - otherwise anyone stumbling on the images will not benefit from the opportunity to learn. Remember you can always upload an edited image in its own right to your PF.

Adam

WeeGeordieLass
    10 Jun 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi Adam,

Yes, I don't really want to delete anything as the crits are a great learning tool, not just for me but for others to learn from too.

I wonder if I can just start a new album and call it "Final Versions" or something like that, and then upload my final images into that. Then I can refer any viewers of my work to that particular album.

I've asked David B in the tech dept. for advice.

Cheers

Elaine

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.