Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Need some tips/ideas for pre A-level photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JoshDixon4
    30 Mar 2011 - 10:00 PM

I'm 15 and a fairly new photographer, although i have intrest in cameras and used to work with video camera's alot.
    I'm attending worksop college in september and have been advised by a member of staff to start building a small portfolio of photographs before joining sixth form and doing A-level photography. He told me to take photos of household or strange objects and he said and i quote "stuff your gran wouldn't know of" and I was wondering if anybody could give me some advise. I tend to take photos using the macro option my camera has and I use wide angle alot. I use a Canon Powershot SX30is

here is a sample: http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/JoshDixon4/005-1.jpg

thanks,
    Josh

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Mar 2011 - 10:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 7:05 AM

Hi Josh, welcome to EPZ! As you are under 16 I'd especially like to welcome you to the Junior Section.

It sounds like you have made a good start (although it is against our T&C's to link to images off site! Smile). Try uploading some of your images in your 'ePHOTOzine' portfolio and allow folk here to give you a few hints and tips. This site will also give you inspiration and ideas - any problems, don't be afraid to ask, someone on here will know the answer and be only too pleased to help.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work! Smile

Last Modified By KarenFB at 31 Mar 2011 - 7:05 AM
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014014 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 8:55 AM

Quote: although it is against our T&C's to link to images off site!

Indeed it is, we have a gallery for you to put images in and for people to comment on them.
    I'll let the link stay this time as I'm in a mellow mood.

Chris
    Epz moderator and generally chillaxed dude.

MODERATOR POST
    cheddar-caveman
    31 Mar 2011 - 9:14 AM

Welcome Josh. You've certainly come to the right place for tips and ideas. I do mainly wildlife but love macro and all it's challenges, DOF being probably the greatest! As has been said, create a portfolio on the website so that we can all look at your efforts and make, hopefully, constructive comments.
    Good luck.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014014 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 9:17 AM

Quote: He told me to take photos of household or strange objects and he said and i quote "stuff your gran wouldn't know of" and I was wondering if anybody could give me some advise.

Some ideas for you:
    Household abstracts

Kitchen Utensils

LindaD3x
    LindaD3x  9193 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Apr 2011 - 9:02 AM

He told me to take photos of household or strange objects and he said and i quote "stuff your gran wouldn't know of" and I was wondering if anybody could give me some advise.

I have a few household bits in my gallery. If there's anything in there of interest i'll tell you how it was taken and what lighting was used.

Hope that helps Smile

Last Modified By LindaD3x at 14 Apr 2011 - 9:03 AM
    Perry_95
    Perry_95  359 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2011 - 10:17 PM

Dont know much about it myself, but just a thought, it might be a good idea to go to a local charity shop,

You will probably find atleast one abstract item
    It will probably be cheap
    It's for charity

So there is three good reasons to give it a go Tongue Wink

Simon123
    Simon123  3
    29 Apr 2011 - 2:15 AM

As you're quite young, I guess your teacher was referring to electronics? Circuit boards, close ups or LEDs, cases, heat syncs etc.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.