Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Negative scanners

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    thermosoflask
    10 Sep 2011 - 1:34 PM

Hi been wanting to scan my old negatives and turn them into digital, seen some rather cheap scanners that do this but am wondering about the quaility of the scans?
    Any advice would be greatly welcomed Grin
    John.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Sep 2011 - 1:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bmh1
    bmh1 e2 Member 8571 forum postsbmh1 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2011 - 2:14 PM

Would a light box and a macro lens give you good enough quality ?

Bernard

thermosoflask
    10 Sep 2011 - 2:18 PM

thought of that , may give it a try , but using these dedicated scanners seems easier as they d/load straight to comp, thanks for the suggestion.
    Grin John.

ellis rowell
    11 Sep 2011 - 12:15 PM

I have used both methods. Scanning with a flatbed film/slide scnner, although ti does four at a time is slow. Using a base board and photographing slides (3.5 inch) was much faster (and not possible with the scanner). I used a Panasonic FZ10 at Macro with a 1 dioptre supplementary lens, focus distance was very short.

keith selmes
    11 Sep 2011 - 2:41 PM

I have used a 5D and a lightbox for quarter plate and larger, glass and film. That works pretty well. I have not made a careful test comparison with a flatbed, but as the results were good I suppose didn't feel the need.
    I have not tried smaller sizes, I've only scanned them.
    The idea of doing a macro job on them might be worthwhile. For 35mm, I have only used a 35mm scanner, but there are some odd old film sizes that don't fit that, and don't fit very well on a flat bed scanner either - I might try taping them flat on the lightbox, and see how that goes.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.