Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Neil Armstrong - First Man on the moon dies

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
RichardN00
25 Aug 2012 - 8:53 PM

Another childhood hero goneSad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Aug 2012 - 8:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
25 Aug 2012 - 9:04 PM

Amazing that someone so famous kept himself so private. He certainly did it on his terms.

He'll be remembered forever.

RIP.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2012 - 9:27 PM

I feel really sad about this news. I was 12 years of age when Armstrong's crew went to the moon and I was absolutely enthralled by all the Apollo missions. Even at that tender age I felt really privileged to be witness to such momentous events. R.I.P. Neil.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104017 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2012 - 9:28 PM

I was 17 and remember watching it all on TV...such inpsiration.....seems so long ago now Sad

EddieAC
EddieAC  9679 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2012 - 9:31 PM

Just heard about that. He was, and had to be, exceptionally fit when he was doing those test flights and Apollo missions and faced certain death anytime if anything were to go wrong so it is such a shame it was due to complications from his recent coronary surgery.

I would guess that when NASA finally produce another space vehicle, Neil Armstrong will one day go to the moon again where his ashes would probably be placed in a fitting ceremony.

One of the brave few and never to be forgotten.

R.I.P

hobbo
hobbo e2 Member 3792 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2012 - 9:44 PM

RIP Neil......A TRUE HERO!

Hobbo

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9884 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2012 - 9:56 PM

R.I.P Neil

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014714 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2012 - 9:59 PM

A true pioneer of our day.

scottishphototours

Think we forget that in all the hype of the space missions that these guys were HIGHLY successful pilots/test pilots/engineers in their own right before getting to Nasa. To have had SUCH a successful career and then getting to Nasa and the Moon is something that most of us can only dream about.

These guys really were true heroes, none more so than Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins on Apollo 11.

As someone else said, another childhood hero gone...

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 12:02 AM

and you as photographers all believe those photos, really ?? take a look at this link and then tell me its really certain man landed on the moon in 69 ?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/photogalleries/apollo-moon-landi...

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 12:08 AM

Apologies if this is a bit inappropriate in a tribute thread but I think Neil would have had a chuckle at this video. Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 8:13 AM

Quote: take a look at this link and then tell me its really certain man landed on the moon in 69 ?

Well it woud be a damn site easier to land a man on the moon than to create a worldwide conspiracy large enough to fake it.

779HOB
779HOB  21019 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Aug 2012 - 8:42 AM

Quote: Well it woud be a damn site easier to land a man on the moon than to create a worldwide conspiracy large enough to fake it.

Today maybe but then I am not sure. People were more trusting, people wanted to believe it. The best lies to tell are the ones people want to hear. I do believe they went though.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 8:51 AM

Quote: People were more trusting, people wanted to believe it.

During the Vietnam war? It was a pretty distrustful time.
You would have to fake the landings, fake the signals from the mission, fake the moon rocks they bought back, fake the mirrors that were used for 40 years to bounce lazer light off, etc. etc.
All this under the scrutiny of the worlds scientific community, and make sure no one involved ever talks..that is a big ask.

franken
franken e2 Member 113106 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:04 AM

Quote: People were more trusting, people wanted to believe it.
During the Vietnam war? It was a pretty distrustful time.
You would have to fake the landings, fake the signals from the mission, fake the moon rocks they bought back, fake the mirrors that were used for 40 years to bounce lazer light off, etc. etc.
All this under the scrutiny of the worlds scientific community, and make sure no one involved ever talks..that is a big ask.

I remember seeing an interview several years ago from a leading Russian of their space-flight missions who said that they monitored the landing and the return flight as they really wanted it to fail.

Or perhaps it was a conspiracy and the Russians were also involved in it! GrinGrinGrinGrin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.