Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Neil Armstrong - First Man on the moon dies

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

779HOB
779HOB  21034 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Aug 2012 - 9:21 AM

Quote: During the Vietnam war? It was a pretty distrustful time.

Two side in America at the time - the moon landings could have been seen as a way to not only put one over on the Russians but also unit the people behind the government and it's actions in Vietnam. People were distrusting of the government but I suspect they wanted to believe in them and the landings would have given them something to unit behind.

Quote: All this under the scrutiny of the worlds scientific community, and make sure no one involved ever talks..that is a big ask.

I really don't know - like I said I think they more than likely went - I was 2 and it doesn't really mean that much to me. I am not sure it made us better residents of our planet.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Aug 2012 - 9:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
26 Aug 2012 - 9:23 AM

Quote: leading Russian of their space-flight missions who said that they monitored the landing and the return flight as they really wanted it to fail.

Proof positive then.

franken
franken e2 Member 123184 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 12:40 PM

I still find it hard to believe that people continue to think the moon landings were all faked. The cold war and the space race was on.

The Apollo was massive and it went into orbit before shooting off to the moon. How could they possibly hide the fact from all the nations of the world who are capable of tracking objects in orbit by simple radar?

How did this happen?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/399468.stm

779HOB
26 Aug 2012 - 12:45 PM

Quote: I still find it hard to believe that people continue to think the moon landings were all faked.

I don't think that many people do really do they?

franken
franken e2 Member 123184 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 12:55 PM

I should have said some people --oops!

779HOB
26 Aug 2012 - 1:05 PM

Quote: I should have said some people --oops!

Well some people believe Canon are better than Nikon so I guess maybe the same misguided people believe the landings were faked!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 2:33 PM

Amazing to think they sent people to the moon and brought them back safely, with 1960s technology...... i.e. probably less computing power than in your iPad ! Wink

And that the Russians never managed it. It is easy to see why there are a few question marks.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 3:41 PM

Quote: And that the Russians never managed it.

Which would have given them (especially at the time) all the more reason to deride the achievement and denounce it as a fake. Just think what a propaganda coup that would have been.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 7:57 PM

Subsequent high-res images (e.g. below) has tended to show the hoax theories to be invalid but there will always be people who find it difficult to imagine how the lunar landings, and safe returns, were achieved with what is now be regarded as very primitive technology.

apollo-17.jpg

Last Modified By Carabosse at 26 Aug 2012 - 8:02 PM
pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 8:19 PM

Like most things in life we are fed the information they want to feed us and whether we decide to eat it or not is up to us, most people fearing starvation take the bait. I am still firmly in the dont believe it happened camp and all the photos and evidence look suspicious in todays world of knowledge to me. Why if it was so easy in the 60s have we not set up a lunar base by now and be offering trips to the moon with 150000 shell points ??

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 8:59 PM

Easy answer ,it costs too much money. I believe it happened.

rhol2
rhol2 e2 Member 3310 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:19 PM

It certainly wasn't "easy in the 1960s". That's why it was such a great achievement at the time..

Those who deny it are people who make allegations then challenge others to disprove them..the oldest trick in the propagandists' book .
They are also besmirching the memory of Neil Armstrong and other astronauts.

Well I suppose some people just like to be contrary..

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014177 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:21 PM

Yup it costs a lot of money, the political will isn't there as the cold war is over, the basic physics of getting off the planet hasn't changed and there has yet to be a better solution then strapping yourself to a controlled explosion. Of course if you don't believe in it you don't half have to come up with a convoluted answer as to how it was all faked.

rhol2
rhol2 e2 Member 3310 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:34 PM

In what ways was the technology "very primitive"? Space flight was already accomplished, the Apollo missions were a development of this.

Also the subsequent Apollo missions were instrumental in developing modern technologies. Do the deniers believe thet the further landings didn't take place either?

Last Modified By rhol2 at 26 Aug 2012 - 9:37 PM
redhed17
redhed17  8666 forum posts England
26 Aug 2012 - 10:12 PM

Don't bother trying to convince the people that don't believe in the Moon landings. If they don't believe now, they never will whatever you say. :-/

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.