Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Neil Armstrong - First Man on the moon dies

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
franken
franken e2 Member 113103 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 10:46 AM

I remember seeing a non american documentary on TV a few years ago where they tested the light , the no stars and the waving flag by setting up a similar situation in a desert somewhere and the conclusion was that what was experienced on the moon did happen there.

Here's some info from a difference source but once again it could be yet another conspiracy couldn't it?

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_landing_hoax.phtml

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Aug 2012 - 10:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
franken e2 Member 113103 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 10:54 AM

It's amazing what conspiracy theries are out there and this one is a favourite of mine. Grin

http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/celebs/paul-is-dead/gallery.all.html

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 11:46 AM

the moonconnection link is actually a bit more explanatory than the astronauts explanations and does lend more credence to the fact it happens , I think its great to have these discussions though and try and poke holes in both the truth and hoax accusations, if we didnt do that then we would never advance our knowledge.

I also think anyone that believes that a hoax if this scale is not possible - that would be exactly what you would be expected to believe and the very reason that it is not so much questioned any more , lets face it millions and millions go to church and believe in god without the slightest proof of the existence of a god at all and man has always been a great follower of anything he doesnt understand putting it on a pedestal until one day it is explained.

So in the great scheme of things even if it did prove to be a hoax it would only come in second !

chris.maddock
27 Aug 2012 - 12:18 PM

Quote: 10...9...8...7...6... (counting down the seconds until someone mentions conspiricy theories and 9/11) Smile

Zero - you just did Tongue

RichardN00
27 Aug 2012 - 12:27 PM

Quote: 10...9...8...7...6... (counting down the seconds until someone mentions conspiricy theories and 9/11) Smile

Zero - you just did Tongue

Damn! Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 1:24 PM

Quote: I also think anyone that believes that a hoax if this scale is not possible - that would be exactly what you would be expected to believe and the very reason that it is not so much questioned any more , lets face it millions and millions go to church and believe in god without the slightest proof of the existence of a god at all and man has always been a great follower of anything he doesnt understand putting it on a pedestal until one day it is explained.

There is a difference, all the church has to do is tell a convincing story. With the moon landings you have to tell a convincing story and manufacture tons of evidence, goo enough to convince scientists from all over the world (many of whom come from societies who are not friendly to the US). Once you really start to look at it the logistics become immense, manufacturing convincing radio signals good enough to fool everyone that is listening would be no mean feet, faking the mirrors they left on the moon and the rocks they bought back would involve sending an unmanned probe at the same time. Maintaining security would be a nightmare with all the 1000s of people involved. it really would have been easier just to go to the moon and get it over with.

franken
27 Aug 2012 - 2:50 PM

More about the man.

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_neil-armstrong-the-reluctant-american-hero_...

Canonshots
27 Aug 2012 - 2:51 PM

What has always struck me about the Apollo missions is that despite the thousands of sci-fi stories based on the moon, not one writer predicted what actually happened - that man would reach the moon and then abandon it. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 5:47 PM

Quote: not one writer predicted what actually happened - that man would reach the moon and then abandon it.

That's part of the reason for the moon hoax theories. Also the feeling that the public were a lot more gullible (or less cynical) in the 1960s and you could not pull off something like that these days.

Quote: In what ways was the technology "very primitive"?

Electronics primarily. The other means by which we get vehicles out of the Earth's gravity, i.e. rockets, have not actually changed very much in the intervening years.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 5:53 PM

Quote: rockets, have not actually changed very much in the intervening years

Yuo it's about time we started to invest in getting the space elevator idea to work.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 6:02 PM

Plasma drives would be good. Smile

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 6:06 PM

I'm not going until they adopt the Star Trek Transporter as the means of travel Wink

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 6:10 PM

Quote: What has always struck me about the Apollo missions is that despite the thousands of sci-fi stories based on the moon, not one writer predicted what actually happened - that man would reach the moon and then abandon it. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Science-fiction is notoriously bad at predictions.

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
27 Aug 2012 - 6:24 PM

Quote: that man would reach the moon and then abandon it.

Same thing happened with getting to the deepest part of the ocean floor, two chaps got there in 1960 and then 'we' didn't bother going back till early this year when James Cameron went down there.

Carabosse
27 Aug 2012 - 6:28 PM

Quote: Same thing happened with getting to the deepest part of the ocean floor

One bit of the ocean floor is much the same as another I would have thought! Wink

Moon is a bit different.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.