Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New?

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
31 Mar 2011 11:52AM
New thing?
1-untitled-1.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

31 Mar 2011 11:58AM
It's somewhat new. We had the same thing a couple of years ago, but it wasn't as effective and tend to slow the site down. We have implemented this one on all our news/reviews/techniques/etc and it seems to be quite popular. So we have rolled it out into forum topics and user blogs. Just trying to make it easier for our members to share links with their friends/family on other social networks Smile

David
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
31 Mar 2011 11:59AM
Yes it's for those who're on twitter and facebook to be able to tweet and/ or like interesting content, or add it to their book marks and sharing sites.
FrankThomas e2
11 2.8k United Kingdom
31 Mar 2011 8:15PM
Am I the only person in the world not on Twitter or Facebook ? Wink
31 Mar 2011 8:22PM
Nope Wink
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
31 Mar 2011 8:27PM
Nope again.

I've got a life.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
31 Mar 2011 8:32PM
I've just decided I don't like those buttons.
Apart from their obvious purpose, they cause yet another drop down menu when you move the cursor over them.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
31 Mar 2011 8:47PM

Quote:Am I the only person in the world not on Twitter or Facebook

Nope! But we're a very small minority.Tongue
31 Mar 2011 8:47PM

Quote:I've just decided I don't like those buttons.
Apart from their obvious purpose, they cause yet another drop down menu when you move the cursor over them.

Adblock is your friend Wink
mcgannc e2
6 389 3 England
31 Mar 2011 8:51PM

Quote:Nope again.

I've got a life.

I'm sure there are lots of facebook users who also have a life too...maybe an even better one thanks to the fact they have more regular contact with distant relatives/friends, or improved business thanks to the advertising power...etc.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a bit unfair to make assumptions about people who choose to use it.

Chris
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
31 Mar 2011 8:53PM

Quote:Adblock is your friend Wink

Sort of Chris.
It gets rid of the first two but the third, which is the really irritatring one with the menu seems to be Adblock resistant.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
31 Mar 2011 9:06PM
Actually, it doesn't seem to be working very well on the others either. They re-appear if I close then re-open the page.
FrankThomas e2
11 2.8k United Kingdom
31 Mar 2011 9:07PM
I'm probably going to regret this but what the heck - FailBook - not safe for work but quite funny sometimes
31 Mar 2011 9:17PM

Quote:Adblock is your friend Wink
Sort of Chris.
It gets rid of the first two but the third, which is the really irritatring one with the menu seems to be Adblock resistant.

Working fine here - you have to be a tad brutal with the urls to block, though. You need to open the blockable items list, right-clicking on/near the image doesn't work, I think it's tucked away in a frame/layer of some sort.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
31 Mar 2011 9:52PM
That seems to have got rid of the first two permanently but the "share" one is still erfusing to budge.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.