Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2011 - 11:52 AM

New thing?
1-untitled-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Mar 2011 - 11:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
31 Mar 2011 - 11:58 AM

It's somewhat new. We had the same thing a couple of years ago, but it wasn't as effective and tend to slow the site down. We have implemented this one on all our news/reviews/techniques/etc and it seems to be quite popular. So we have rolled it out into forum topics and user blogs. Just trying to make it easier for our members to share links with their friends/family on other social networks Smile

David

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2011 - 11:59 AM

Yes it's for those who're on twitter and facebook to be able to tweet and/ or like interesting content, or add it to their book marks and sharing sites.

FrankThomas
FrankThomas e2 Member 112762 forum postsFrankThomas vcard United Kingdom
31 Mar 2011 - 8:15 PM

Am I the only person in the world not on Twitter or Facebook ? Wink

chris.maddock
31 Mar 2011 - 8:22 PM

Nope Wink

Jestertheclown
31 Mar 2011 - 8:27 PM

Nope again.

I've got a life.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 31 Mar 2011 - 8:28 PM
Jestertheclown
31 Mar 2011 - 8:32 PM

I've just decided I don't like those buttons.
Apart from their obvious purpose, they cause yet another drop down menu when you move the cursor over them.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014807 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2011 - 8:47 PM

Quote: Am I the only person in the world not on Twitter or Facebook

Nope! But we're a very small minority.Tongue

chris.maddock
31 Mar 2011 - 8:47 PM

Quote: I've just decided I don't like those buttons.
Apart from their obvious purpose, they cause yet another drop down menu when you move the cursor over them.

Adblock is your friend Wink

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2011 - 8:51 PM

Quote: Nope again.

I've got a life.

I'm sure there are lots of facebook users who also have a life too...maybe an even better one thanks to the fact they have more regular contact with distant relatives/friends, or improved business thanks to the advertising power...etc.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a bit unfair to make assumptions about people who choose to use it.

Chris

Jestertheclown
31 Mar 2011 - 8:53 PM

Quote: Adblock is your friend Wink

Sort of Chris.
It gets rid of the first two but the third, which is the really irritatring one with the menu seems to be Adblock resistant.

Jestertheclown
31 Mar 2011 - 9:06 PM

Actually, it doesn't seem to be working very well on the others either. They re-appear if I close then re-open the page.

FrankThomas
FrankThomas e2 Member 112762 forum postsFrankThomas vcard United Kingdom
31 Mar 2011 - 9:07 PM

I'm probably going to regret this but what the heck - FailBook - not safe for work but quite funny sometimes

chris.maddock
31 Mar 2011 - 9:17 PM

Quote: Adblock is your friend Wink
Sort of Chris.
It gets rid of the first two but the third, which is the really irritatring one with the menu seems to be Adblock resistant.

Working fine here - you have to be a tad brutal with the urls to block, though. You need to open the blockable items list, right-clicking on/near the image doesn't work, I think it's tucked away in a frame/layer of some sort.

Jestertheclown
31 Mar 2011 - 9:52 PM

That seems to have got rid of the first two permanently but the "share" one is still erfusing to budge.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.