Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ckristoff
ckristoff  9938 forum posts Wales
1 Apr 2011 - 12:11 AM

Friends,

with Ephotozine on offer, who needs facebook and all that other nonsense?

Gee whizz, I can't even text! What's the point? Isn't that what email is for?

As someone who for years, had a terrible speech impediment, I still can't get used to seeing almost everyone going around with a mobile stuck to their ear? What kind of life is that? I've got a mobile that is permanently turned off; I usually switch it on when 'I' need to use it! My daughter always tells me off, when I go town and I can't be contacted. Silence is indeed golden my friends!Grin

Frank.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Apr 2011 - 12:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 3:08 AM

Lol. Agree 100%. The day I retired I threw my Mobile as far as I could, and haven't looked back.Wink That was 71/2 years ago.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 9:05 AM

Quote: I've got a mobile that is permanently turned off; I usually switch it on when 'I' need to use it! My daughter always tells me off, when I go town and I can't be contacted.

Like my mother. Phones you up, Leaves a message on your voice mail "I'm in John Lewis and I have just seen one of those XYZs you wanted. Do you want me to get you one?". You phone her back 5 seconds later and the phone is switched off...marvellous.

I never understand the whole switching it off thing. Is it too difficult just not to answer it if you don't want to? Is it to complex to switch it to silent?

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 9:22 AM

Quote: I never understand the whole switching it off thing. Is it too difficult just not to answer it if you don't want to? Is it to complex to switch it to silent?

I'm with Frank on this issue. I guess its an age thing? My wife and I both have mobile phones and neither are switched on unless we need to make a call. they are there for emergencies only. But we were both born in the days when many homes didn't even have a phone which is why we probably don't feel the need for instant (but often pointless) communication with all and sundry Wink

Mind you - our kids can't understand us as their entire lives appear to be contained within and dominated by those "talking brooches" and the Grand-children think we came out of the ark! Tongue

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 10:40 AM

Quote: I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a bit unfair to make assumptions about people who choose to use it.

Cup of tea?

Comments like "Must have a drinkie poo" don't endear the site to me SadSadSad

Briwooly
Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 10:52 AM

Quote: I'm with Frank on this issue. I guess its an age thing? My wife and I both have mobile phones and neither are switched on unless we need to make a call. they are there for emergencies only.

Just hope its not an emergency and someone is trying to contact you Grin serious there is a place for all this mod tech facebook,mobiles text, emails twitter,skype web cams but it does not have to be a way of life I use most of the above at various times and as for the age thing I retire in August Smile Grin

Brian........................................................

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 10:58 AM

My phone is always on during the day (off overnight), I just don't answer it if it is somebody to whom I don't want to talk at the time. If I turned it off I wouldn't be able to use all that lovely smart phone technology. Smile

Ian

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 11:02 AM

The sooner we can implant our personal mobile comms under the skin, the better....although mobiles already seem to get under some peoples skin Wink

Kris_Dutson
1 Apr 2011 - 11:03 AM

Quote: I've got a life.

So have I, but I've also got a business to run.

Just Jas
1 Apr 2011 - 11:15 AM

Quote: I guess its an age thing?

Could be.

It doesn't seem all that long ago (actually it is!) that to make a phone we had to use the red call box at the corner of the street.

Which we didn't often do because the people we were likely to want to phone didn't have a home phone either.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 11:29 AM

I go pretty much everywhere by car and, these days, I would never want to be without a mobile phone: getting stuck in the car in rising floodwater a few years back has left its mark on me. Lol! Grin

I've just taken delivery of a 'smartphone'. I only bought it for the (apparently) decent stills/video camera on it - saves taking two devices around with me (mobile + compact). But I suspect I will never use 95% of this new phone's facilities.

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 4:08 PM

Im also like most of above, bought up in an enviroment of red phone boxes.Having my phone turned on all the time runs the risk of it running my life , Emergencys and when i need to contact someone is fine by me, Anyone who matters know where I am and can get hold of me if its that importent.

Just Jas
2 Apr 2011 - 10:59 AM

Quote: ......getting stuck in the car in rising floodwater a few years back has left its mark on me. Lol!

A high watermark, CB?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2011 - 2:50 PM

Quote: A high watermark, CB?

Luckily, for me, not too high! Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.