Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New gallery "Like" feature added

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 11:25 AM

We've added a like button for facebook, Twitter and google, plus social share options in the gallery under each photo. Now you can click on any photo in the ePHOTOzine gallery to share in your social media network circles.
Encouraging people to share your pictures will increase your ePHOTOzine portfolio exposure and, at the same time, spread the word of ePHOTOzine. We hope you embrace this addition.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jul 2011 - 11:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 - 11:29 AM

You can also use it to share links to photos on ePHOTOzine with your friends on facebook, twitter, etc. Now you don't need to go to those other sites to share the photo Smile

Last Modified By davidburleson at 5 Jul 2011 - 11:31 AM
User_Removed
5 Jul 2011 - 11:37 AM

Nice! Thank you Team!

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 11:58 AM

Quote: Now you can click on any photo in the ePHOTOzine gallery to share in your social media network circles.

In theory

Does this imply that anybody can click on one of my uploads and it is shared in their social media network circles ?

If this is the case what happens if I do not want my images shared across social media network circles
Will there be an option to switch the feature off to stop people doing it ?

SophieHart
5 Jul 2011 - 12:02 PM

How does this effect the copyright on images. Once they have been shared they are then under the copyright agreement of which ever site they are now a part of. Is that right?

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
5 Jul 2011 - 12:09 PM

Quote: In theory

Does this imply that anybody can click on one of my uploads and it is shared in their social media network circles ?

If this is the case what happens if I do not want my images shared across social media network circles
Will there be an option to switch the feature off to stop people doing it ?

People can share links to anything on social media sites. If it is available for anyone to see, anyone can link to it. If you don't like that, then don't put stuff on the internet.

Big Bri
5 Jul 2011 - 12:10 PM

Quote: How does this effect the copyright on images. Once they have been shared they are then under the copyright agreement of which ever site they are now a part of. Is that right?

You retain copyright of your images, but that won't necessarily stop someone downloading and using it. If you don't like that, don't put stuff on the web Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:12 PM

Should these buttons perhaps only be available on one's own photos?

SophieHart
5 Jul 2011 - 12:12 PM

I am not a Facebook user but I understood that you agreed to them having the right to use images uploaded to Facebook. Is that not right?

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:16 PM

From Facebook.

Do I retain the copyright and other legal rights to material I upload to Facebook?
Yes, you retain the copyright to your content. When you upload your content, you grant us a license to use and display that content. For more information please visit our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which contain information about intellectual property, as well as your privileges and responsibilities as a Facebook user.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points

can anyone "like" (God I hate that...) and upload anything they want to share? or is it just their own pics? An important point ..it looks like anyone can share any photo. I think if this is the case it's the single worst thing EPZ has done in ages. I accept that social networks have become all-pervasive, but we have a personal choice not to be included in them, and this just goes in the face of that. Yes I know anyone if they want can link to any of my photos and "share " it already, and "like" it, and show it to their "friends", but why can't you just confine that to their own photos.

The least I'd expect is an option not to have the buttons included on one's PF photos.

EFaceTubeZine-r here we come. Bad one..

Stephen

Big Bri

This feature does not upload the images to Facebook, it simply shares a link to EPZ.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:17 PM

Quote: How does this effect the copyright on images.

The just see a tiny thumbnail on the other sites. The good thing is your original full sized photo is safely stored and displayed here in the galery where copyright always belongs with you and we have no T&C clause to indicate otherwise.

Big Bri
5 Jul 2011 - 12:17 PM

Don't worry, everyone will have deserted Facebook for Google+ by the end of the year Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:19 PM

Fair enough. Whatever happned to MySpace? Wink

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course