Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New gallery "Like" feature added

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : topic has ran it's course

Tooth 9 5.8k 227 Ireland
5 Jul 2011 12:20PM
eFaceTubeGoogleZine-r here we come then.. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England

Quote:Should these buttons perhaps only be available on one's own photos?

Agree, that I think would be more acceptable, but perhaps we could have a considered response from "The Team" not "If you don't like that, don't put stuff on the web " which is not very helpful at all in addressing our concerns of this feature.
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
Not something else I've got to join ........

right off I go looking for google+ Smile

Just to say, I'm quite happy with it, if it gives our images a bit more publicity and also more traffic to the site, that's a good thing.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 12:21PM

Quote:EFaceTubeGoogleZine-r here we come then.. Smile

You mean "EFaceTubeGoogleZine-r+"

Wink
5 Jul 2011 12:22PM

Quote:right off I go looking for google+

It's invite only, and they have turned off invites now due to too much demand. But if you read up on it, it seems an interesting alternative to FB
simont 10 2.2k 4 England
5 Jul 2011 12:24PM
So Brian, you're happy for "me" to share you images on my facesh1t page?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
5 Jul 2011 12:24PM
I don't understand the rejections. We're not asking you to join facebook, or be seen to be part of it. We're adding a feature that potentially gives you more exposure on ePHOTOzine. Why do you upload photos? If the answer is for them to be looked at, then this is a good thing.
5 Jul 2011 12:25PM

Quote:Agree, that I think would be more acceptable, but perhaps we could have a considered response from "The Team" not "If you don't like that, don't put stuff on the web " which is not very helpful at all in addressing our concerns of this feature.

Sorry, but if you are concerned about people sharing stuff on Facebook, you need to consider exactly that. EPZ is not suddenly allowing you to do this, it is just making it easier. I can already copy a link to anything in your portfolio (or even this conversation) and post a link to it on Facebook (or anywhere else I please). That is the nature of the web and that is what you should be thinking about, hence my comment.
simont 10 2.2k 4 England
5 Jul 2011 12:26PM
Pete, I think the issue is "Who can share those pictures?"
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
5 Jul 2011 12:27PM
Perhaps the team could actually show ePz users what would be displayed on the other sites (is it icon sized, thumbnail, text only etc) & we can use this to help make an informed decision on whether to allow it or not
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 12:30PM
I've seen one that Pete did today, it's TINY Smile it measures approx 3x2cm and if you click it comes straight through to EPZ. Not too much to worry about.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
5 Jul 2011 12:31PM

Quote:Pete, I think the issue is "Who can share those pictures?"

Anyone can share any pictures on the web on FB etc, whether you have this function of not.
Anyway, it is just a link back to EPZ with a small thumbnail displayed.

Let's see when Pete gives in again and provide a 'turn off' button.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Jul 2011 12:36PM

Quote:We're adding a feature that potentially gives you more exposure on ePHOTOzine.

I don't think people are objecting to having their own photos exposed on FB, i.e. by themselves.
5 Jul 2011 12:39PM
Once again Pete and the team do something positive for the site and users, and get a barrage of negativity. Dont get me wrong, I think asking questions is good but anyone can share anything in facebook, there really isnt an issue here.

Nice one Pete and the team, its appreciated Smile

Cheers
Mark
5 Jul 2011 12:39PM
Providing a turn off facility will not stop people who want to share your photo from sharing it. Here is what is being shared:

facebook - a small thumbnail of your photo, description, title text which is linked to your photo here on ePHOTOzine.
twitter - title text and a link to your photo
google+ - I think they just mark that you like it (still pretty new)

This isn't anything new, we are just making it a little easier for those people who do share. It's not like people are taking your photos or anything. Surely getting a bit more exposure for your photos is a good thing.

However, if your the type of person who doesn't like sharing things online, then you probably shouldn't be sharing things online.