Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New gallery "Like" feature added

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course
Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:20 PM

eFaceTubeGoogleZine-r here we come then.. Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96307 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points

Quote: Should these buttons perhaps only be available on one's own photos?

Agree, that I think would be more acceptable, but perhaps we could have a considered response from "The Team" not "If you don't like that, don't put stuff on the web " which is not very helpful at all in addressing our concerns of this feature.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points

Not something else I've got to join ........

right off I go looking for google+ Smile

Just to say, I'm quite happy with it, if it gives our images a bit more publicity and also more traffic to the site, that's a good thing.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 - 12:21 PM

Quote: EFaceTubeGoogleZine-r here we come then.. Smile

You mean "EFaceTubeGoogleZine-r+"

Wink

Big Bri
5 Jul 2011 - 12:22 PM

Quote: right off I go looking for google+

It's invite only, and they have turned off invites now due to too much demand. But if you read up on it, it seems an interesting alternative to FB

simont
simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:24 PM

So Brian, you're happy for "me" to share you images on my facesh1t page?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:24 PM

I don't understand the rejections. We're not asking you to join facebook, or be seen to be part of it. We're adding a feature that potentially gives you more exposure on ePHOTOzine. Why do you upload photos? If the answer is for them to be looked at, then this is a good thing.

Big Bri
5 Jul 2011 - 12:25 PM

Quote: Agree, that I think would be more acceptable, but perhaps we could have a considered response from "The Team" not "If you don't like that, don't put stuff on the web " which is not very helpful at all in addressing our concerns of this feature.

Sorry, but if you are concerned about people sharing stuff on Facebook, you need to consider exactly that. EPZ is not suddenly allowing you to do this, it is just making it easier. I can already copy a link to anything in your portfolio (or even this conversation) and post a link to it on Facebook (or anywhere else I please). That is the nature of the web and that is what you should be thinking about, hence my comment.

simont
simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:26 PM

Pete, I think the issue is "Who can share those pictures?"

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:27 PM

Perhaps the team could actually show ePz users what would be displayed on the other sites (is it icon sized, thumbnail, text only etc) & we can use this to help make an informed decision on whether to allow it or not

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:30 PM

I've seen one that Pete did today, it's TINY Smile it measures approx 3x2cm and if you click it comes straight through to EPZ. Not too much to worry about.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:31 PM

Quote: Pete, I think the issue is "Who can share those pictures?"

Anyone can share any pictures on the web on FB etc, whether you have this function of not.
Anyway, it is just a link back to EPZ with a small thumbnail displayed.

Let's see when Pete gives in again and provide a 'turn off' button.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 5 Jul 2011 - 12:35 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139450 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:36 PM

Quote: We're adding a feature that potentially gives you more exposure on ePHOTOzine.

I don't think people are objecting to having their own photos exposed on FB, i.e. by themselves.

MarkBroughton
5 Jul 2011 - 12:39 PM

Once again Pete and the team do something positive for the site and users, and get a barrage of negativity. Dont get me wrong, I think asking questions is good but anyone can share anything in facebook, there really isnt an issue here.

Nice one Pete and the team, its appreciated Smile

Cheers
Mark

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 - 12:39 PM

Providing a turn off facility will not stop people who want to share your photo from sharing it. Here is what is being shared:

facebook - a small thumbnail of your photo, description, title text which is linked to your photo here on ePHOTOzine.
twitter - title text and a link to your photo
google+ - I think they just mark that you like it (still pretty new)

This isn't anything new, we are just making it a little easier for those people who do share. It's not like people are taking your photos or anything. Surely getting a bit more exposure for your photos is a good thing.

However, if your the type of person who doesn't like sharing things online, then you probably shouldn't be sharing things online.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 5 Jul 2011 - 12:42 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course