Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New gallery "Like" feature added

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course
SophieHart
5 Jul 2011 - 5:44 PM

But this site is using it to promote this site not the person who owns the photo. The intension is very different.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jul 2011 - 5:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 5:45 PM

Is that the intention....surely it works for both.....are you not getting free advertising???

...but since you have no photo's in your gallery Sophie you really have nothing to worry about do you.

Last Modified By CathyT at 5 Jul 2011 - 5:50 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 5:56 PM

Sophie will put up some photos if we get "pay per click". Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 5:57 PM

Quote: It seems fair to me if an image is being used to make money the person who has taken it should gain too

The links go to the photo by the person whose photo is being liked and not to a join e2 page (our revenue stream). It's to encourage more people to look at your photos and hopefully also join and post pictures too.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 5:58 PM

But it increases traffic and, indirectly, EPZ's revenue does it not? Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 5:59 PM

Quote: .when a simple Thanks would do.

Not if people have concerns / questions about what the concept is or how it works.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:07 PM

Quote: But it increases traffic and, indirectly, EPZ's revenue does it not?

Yes it increases unique visitors...but you need thousands not hundreds to get even the smallest return. So it's not worth our investment building things to make that possible so you can earn a few pence from the clicks. We do however encourage you to link to the affiliate options ...and then you can earn decent money from the links.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
5 Jul 2011 - 6:09 PM

Quote: I do not understand this "like" thing. If Joe Blogg clicks on FarceBook "like" button for one of my photos, where does the thumbnail of the photo appear? In Joe Blogg FB page?
Can somebody explain please. Thanks,
JNC

JNC, yes it appears on Joe Bloggs facebook page, so his friends can see it and follow the link. See my first post on page 3 of this topic to see what it looks like.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114493 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:10 PM

Surely if it increases EPZ's traffic that has to be a good thing regardless of the revenue it may or not generate...

Ade

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111534 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:17 PM

Blimey, the way this site is going anybody would think it is a business out to make money.

Next thing you know it'll be floated on the stock exchange.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
5 Jul 2011 - 6:17 PM

Thanks Big Bri. I understand now but I think there should be an opt out button for those who don't want to appear in FB, Tweeter ...etc....

Carabosse
5 Jul 2011 - 6:29 PM

Well we can opt out of most things. I suspect it would not be hard to provide an opt-out for "Like" as well. Smile

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:33 PM

I have said it before and I will say it again:
Let's see how long it takes for Pete to give in and provide an opt-out option.

Carabosse
5 Jul 2011 - 6:35 PM

Quote: Let's see how long it takes for Pete to give in and provide an opt-out option.

5......4.....3......2......1........................... C'mon Pete! Grin Tongue

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:35 PM

Why would anyone join a photographic site , enjoy posting photo's on the internet, learning...improving, eventually getting their own website....hopefully receiving revenue from said site....

....and then when an ideal opportunity presents itself for free advertising that will reach a mass audience with little or no effort ....OPT OUT........amazing.Sad

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course