Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New gallery "Like" feature added

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : topic has ran it's course

SophieHart 4 136 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 5:44PM
But this site is using it to promote this site not the person who owns the photo. The intension is very different.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 5:45PM
Is that the intention....surely it works for both.....are you not getting free advertising???

...but since you have no photo's in your gallery Sophie you really have nothing to worry about do you.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Jul 2011 5:56PM
Sophie will put up some photos if we get "pay per click". Wink
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
5 Jul 2011 5:57PM

Quote:It seems fair to me if an image is being used to make money the person who has taken it should gain too

The links go to the photo by the person whose photo is being liked and not to a join e2 page (our revenue stream). It's to encourage more people to look at your photos and hopefully also join and post pictures too.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Jul 2011 5:58PM
But it increases traffic and, indirectly, EPZ's revenue does it not? Smile
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
5 Jul 2011 5:59PM

Quote:.when a simple Thanks would do.

Not if people have concerns / questions about what the concept is or how it works.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
5 Jul 2011 6:07PM

Quote:But it increases traffic and, indirectly, EPZ's revenue does it not?

Yes it increases unique visitors...but you need thousands not hundreds to get even the smallest return. So it's not worth our investment building things to make that possible so you can earn a few pence from the clicks. We do however encourage you to link to the affiliate options ...and then you can earn decent money from the links.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 6:09PM

Quote:I do not understand this "like" thing. If Joe Blogg clicks on FarceBook "like" button for one of my photos, where does the thumbnail of the photo appear? In Joe Blogg FB page?
Can somebody explain please. Thanks,
JNC

JNC, yes it appears on Joe Bloggs facebook page, so his friends can see it and follow the link. See my first post on page 3 of this topic to see what it looks like.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
5 Jul 2011 6:10PM
Surely if it increases EPZ's traffic that has to be a good thing regardless of the revenue it may or not generate...

Ade
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
5 Jul 2011 6:17PM
Blimey, the way this site is going anybody would think it is a business out to make money.

Next thing you know it'll be floated on the stock exchange.
Thanks Big Bri. I understand now but I think there should be an opt out button for those who don't want to appear in FB, Tweeter ...etc....
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Jul 2011 6:29PM
Well we can opt out of most things. I suspect it would not be hard to provide an opt-out for "Like" as well. Smile
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
5 Jul 2011 6:33PM
I have said it before and I will say it again:
Let's see how long it takes for Pete to give in and provide an opt-out option.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Jul 2011 6:35PM

Quote:Let's see how long it takes for Pete to give in and provide an opt-out option.

5......4.....3......2......1........................... C'mon Pete! Grin Tongue
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 6:35PM
Why would anyone join a photographic site , enjoy posting photo's on the internet, learning...improving, eventually getting their own website....hopefully receiving revenue from said site....

....and then when an ideal opportunity presents itself for free advertising that will reach a mass audience with little or no effort ....OPT OUT........amazing.Sad