Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New gallery "Like" feature added

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139461 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:36 PM

Quote: Why would anyone join a photographic site

Cos they want clicks? Wink Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jul 2011 - 6:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:38 PM

'Click'...'Like'.....and your point is???

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139461 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:41 PM

There isn't one. Grin

We're just waiting for Pete to arrange the opt-out, so then everyone can be happy again. Tra-la-la! Grin

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 6:43 PM

Don't do it Pete....make them suffer.Wink

User_Removed
5 Jul 2011 - 6:44 PM

Quote: We're just waiting for Pete to arrange the opt-out,

Pointless exercise.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
5 Jul 2011 - 6:50 PM

Quote: Pointless exercise.

the "like" button.

I pay for EPZ E2 and I want my photo on this site not FB, Tweeter ...etc... I want to decide if I want my photos on other sites, not because someone click on a "like" button because EPZ wants to grow bigger.

CathyT
5 Jul 2011 - 6:56 PM

Hmmmm...just had a look at your page and quote:

'Why not have a look at my PF or
the various albums?
They are awaiting your visit. I'm sure your curiosity will be rewarded.
Some photos might even give you the idea to travel and meet some amazing people and have a most reward holiday.'

...with such a seemingly positive approach I am surprised you do not wish to share the love???...and reach a wider audience???

Last Modified By CathyT at 5 Jul 2011 - 6:57 PM
User_Removed
5 Jul 2011 - 6:58 PM

So - someone 'else' likes your image and wants to tells his/her mates on Facebook and there's no FB button.

You think you're 'protected????

Wake up.

URL - copy. Go to facebook. Hit the 'Link' button - paste the copied URL - add a comment.

Job Done.

Identify the difference.

Grin

Last Modified By User_Removed at 5 Jul 2011 - 6:58 PM
JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
5 Jul 2011 - 6:58 PM

Yes Cathy T, the invitation is for people on EPZ not FB ...etc...

Freedom of choice. I chose EPZ and another site but I don't want to "share the love" when it's not my decision.

Last Modified By JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY at 5 Jul 2011 - 7:04 PM
User_Removed
5 Jul 2011 - 6:59 PM

(Did you actually READ what I have just posted?)

Signed - A fellow e2 Member

Last Modified By User_Removed at 5 Jul 2011 - 7:00 PM
SophieHart
5 Jul 2011 - 7:01 PM

Quote: Identify the difference.

Quote: URL - copy. Go to facebook. Hit the 'Link' button - paste the copied URL - add a comment.

Difference is the like button is one click.

CathyT
5 Jul 2011 - 7:03 PM

Quote: Yes Cathy T, the invitation is for people on EPZ not FB ...etc...

Freedom of choice. I chose EPZ and another site but I don't want to "share the love" when it's not my decision.

What a shame........and as Mike correctly stated....people can link and post to anything on the internet...with or without your permission.....its the nature of the beast ...so why not use it in a positive way to your advantage???

User_Removed
5 Jul 2011 - 7:04 PM

EXACTLY!!!!

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
5 Jul 2011 - 7:10 PM

Yes, people steal photos, copy articles ...etc... Yes, I know all that.

My personal choice is not to be as far as I'm aware having my photos on various sites without my knowledge even if it's a thumbnail with a link. So a opt out would be great.

I will not click on the "likes" button when I go through EPZ galleries. I don't see the point and want to be free about my decision.

Carabosse
5 Jul 2011 - 7:14 PM

We allow opt-outs for practically everything. Why force people to have thumbnails of their photos put on FB etc if they don't want it?

Pete has already said it doesn't particularly benefit EPZ, from a revenue point of view, anyweay.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course