Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New gallery "Like" feature added

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course
CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:15 PM

You'd struggle to find a photographic site that doesn't have the 'Like' option now...sign of the times....and I don't know of another site that would facilitate the opt out option either...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jul 2011 - 7:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:16 PM

EPZ is different. Pete doesn't run it as a dictatorship. We have loads of opt-outs for things for which other sites would not allow it. This would be just one more.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:18 PM

You give them an inch, they want a foot.... sign....

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:19 PM

....very generous of him......lets hope the work load isn't a huge headache.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72394 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 - 7:26 PM

'Can we have another option for....'

This is one of my biggest pet peeves and half the reason the site is so unbelievably complicated and difficult for new members to get their head around. As far as i'm aware, the only other site with as many options, settings, opt-ins, opt-outs is facebook.

[sarcasm]I'm sure adding another option within all these others will be very easy for people to find[/sarcasm]

1-untitled-3.jpg

untitled-5.jpg

And thats just gallery related options/settings!

Last Modified By davidburleson at 5 Jul 2011 - 7:29 PM
whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104047 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:26 PM

I still don't get the nay sayers, it is increasing traffic to your photo's, advertising your photo's, for FREE!!! with a tiny, tiny image that is not going to be of use to anyone to copy. I sometimes want to shout "get a life" at the computer. As for the poster with no photo's wanting payment for the links!!! I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Quite often though, it's the same voices not liking Smile things every time something new is added to the site.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014928 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:42 PM

Let me get this straight...there is now a facility for any member to put an image of another member on a social network? Should cut down on the clutter in the gallery; I don't agree with this at all. Also, I realise that people can do many things without permission, behind one's back, but I trust in common courtesy, which the site obviously doesn't. Who came up with such a really, really stupid idea as this? It takes the cake for the worst feature ever introduced on Epz. It's no wonder we have so many op outs with rediculous garbage like this.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 5 Jul 2011 - 7:45 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:44 PM

Well, you need to tell your boss off then, David. You have my support...Smile

CathyT
5 Jul 2011 - 7:44 PM

Take a look around you....you'd be hard pressed to find another photographic site that doesn't do this....

sorry...thats to StrayCat

Last Modified By CathyT at 5 Jul 2011 - 7:45 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72394 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 - 7:45 PM

Hi StrayCat,

I think you got it wrong. The new feature posts a link to a photo on a social network. But some people in this thread have issues with facebook generating a thumbnail to go along side the link on facebook.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:45 PM

Quote: As far as i'm aware, the only other site with as many options, settings, opt-ins, opt-outs is facebook

Well as we seem to be very keen on FB, then we are perfectly in sync by allowing as many opt outs as we can! Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:46 PM

Quote: Let me get this straight...there is now a facility for any member to put an image of another member on a social network?

NO - there is now a facility that makes it slightly easier to LINK to a picture on Epz from a social network.
This facility was always available to Epz users who are on social networks..it just makes it slightly easier.

User_Removed
5 Jul 2011 - 7:46 PM

**sigh**

Where is this 'Forcing' coming from CB?

The ability to post elsewhere - right across the WWW - exists. Accept it.

It is a Fact.

A link button that exists so as to foreshorten the process for those 'inclined'...??? Where is the problem here???

Quote: I will not click on the "likes" button when I go through EPZ galleries. I don't see the point and want to be free about my decision.

Good!!! That is YOUR decision JN...

BTW - This is available on Facebook JN - not by me but A.N Other person who like's you work.

Geddit..??

Last Modified By User_Removed at 5 Jul 2011 - 7:51 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 7:48 PM

I heard an interview with one of the top guys in Facebook the other week. It was interesting to hear him say that every change they introduced was met by howls of anguish - reminded me a lot of Epz Wink

Carabosse
5 Jul 2011 - 7:52 PM

People don't like change, that is true. They particularly don't like change which makes them uneasy.

It may be why FB has lots of opt outs too! Wink

Last Modified By Carabosse at 5 Jul 2011 - 7:54 PM

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: topic has ran it's course