Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New 4G Mobile data may kill your free view TV

macroman 11 15.3k England
11 Jul 2012 11:01PM
Are you using the toaster? Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

triumphv8 7 453 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2012 2:25PM

Quote:Is it a new pair of vibro-pants ?

A quick google shows that it is about the right frequency but would need to lower the voltage or something might get boiled.

Quote:Are you using the toaster?

A toaster with a cycle time of 20milliseconds that would be cool.

But close - it's good old mains electricity going through you 24hrs a day 7 days a week, wherever you are in the house.

There is some fact involved in the reports - a higher frequency is better at inducing current and an induced current in your body could produce heat and cause tissue damage - and the samllest of these are in your eyes and brain. When our kids were babies I moved the cordless phone and wi-fi to the opposite end of the house from where they slept - but the amplitude compared to the mains signal is small.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2012 2:34PM

Quote:But close - it's good old mains electricity going through you 24hrs a day 7 days a week, wherever you are in the house.

Is that measured in the air? What is the peak amplitude ?
triumphv8 7 453 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2012 3:01PM
Me touching the probe, so accumulting in my body.

About 1V peak to peak, but can get it to double if I hold a mains cable, or the metal bookcase frame next to my desk.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2012 3:50PM
Interesting. Have you tried this outside, away from any mains? It would be interesting to see what it measures due purely to the biomagnetic field (including heartbeat).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.