Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New 7D MKII

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41108 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2013 - 11:23 AM

Is this just hype or is there any truth in the new 7D mkii is coming out late this year.
I would like to feel excited at the prospect but who knows?

dslrs.net/dslr-2/canon-dslr-2/canon-dslr-cameras/the-new-canon-7d-mark-ii-release-date/

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Mar 2013 - 11:23 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2013 - 11:32 AM

Quote: I would like to feel excited at the prospect

Crikey mate! You need to get out more...LOL...Smile

Trust me there are more things to get excited about than rumours about new camera models....Wink

I would list a few, But heck! This is a family site and there is no watershed as far as I know..Grin

Now of out to get real excited about sumfink.....Clank..Tongue

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41108 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2013 - 11:37 AM

lol, with rain and snow and winds to freeze the mere mortals off you, I would say getting out more would be more exciting but that is looking bleek right now, so hey i got to get excited some how Smile.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2013 - 11:55 AM

Rumours have been going on now about the 7dMKII and the 70d which is what I've been waiting on for a while now. I'm sure both cameras are imminent, though having said that I didn't see the new 100d and 700d coming so who knows. I'm not too worried by it though as I can't afford bugger all at the moment not with the daughters wedding coming up in September and the fact were also trying to move house Sad Anybody wanna buy a 3 bed end terrace in N.Somerset??? GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

mikehit
mikehit  56687 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2013 - 5:28 PM

One rumour is that the 7DII will not even be called 7DII. Canon have thrown a few curveballs recently so I wouldnt hold my breath for a specific model.

FrogTastic
25 Mar 2013 - 1:00 PM

Quote: One rumour is that the 7DII will not even be called 7DII. Canon have thrown a few curveballs recently so I wouldnt hold my breath for a specific model.

Not any other numbers between 6-7. Surely naming it anything else would make it a downgrade?

mikehit
25 Mar 2013 - 1:09 PM

Some even doubted the 7D should have been called a 7D because it is the only APS-C xD model so that alone was enough to spur a whole range of rumours as to how the Canon range was going to evolve. It is strange the sort of thing people get worked up about...

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
25 Mar 2013 - 2:58 PM

Maybe they will give up using numbers and adopt their American system over here. Maybe call it the "Cockney Rebel".

Smile

mikehit
25 Mar 2013 - 3:05 PM

" I want to buy a camera"
"certainly, sir. What sort of photography do you do?"
" you know, guv, a little bit o' this, little bit o' that..."

ianrobinson
25 Mar 2013 - 6:12 PM

Well to be fare the 7D is getting on a bit now and the sensor could do with an upgrade, the 7D doesn't take much ISO to create plenty of noise, 400 ISO and above is enough in my experience of using it to have to want to use a denoise software to get rid.
My 5D mkiii is far superior IQ than my 7D and ISO can go made without the noise being a big issue, this has to be mostly if not all because of the new sensor the 5d mkiii incorporates so if they put the new sensor in the 7D mkii if it comes about it will be a very long overdue overhaul for the 7D, and if they only changed the sensor it would make the 7d worth buying on that alone.
I use the 5D mkiii all the time now because of the quality i get from it so please canon bring the new 7D out with the new sensor and being cropped it will be perfect for my wildlife photography.

mikehit
25 Mar 2013 - 7:42 PM

If the '7D2' has the same sensor as the 5D3 you will find no advantage for wildlife photography because croppping the 5D3 will give identical results.

ianrobinson
25 Mar 2013 - 10:20 PM

True. did not think of that one Tongue.

chrisheathcote
chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm not too excited because the way canon are pricing new releases, I would need a lottery win to get oneSad I'd love a shiny new 5d mkiii to keep my 60d company, however I will have to wait a while for decent 2nd hand prices

Last Modified By chrisheathcote at 25 Mar 2013 - 10:22 PM
strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 10:56 PM

It may not be that bad, the 6D is lower priced than the 5D MKII was. And anyway, were the 6D and 70D not the 7D replacements?

Will the 7D be directly replaced?

ChrisV
ChrisV  7820 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2013 - 1:03 PM

So far as I'm aware the only real advantage of the 7D over the 5DII [aside from the crop factor, mitigated slightly by the latter's higher resolution] was its AF tracking ability and faster burst rates. I think the newer FF models address the AF issues leaving only frame rate as superior. It's therefore difficult to see where a 7DII would fit into Canon's lineup.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.