Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Bigma v Canon 100-400

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    lambo1784
    lambo1784  3
    29 Jun 2011 - 8:11 AM

Has anyone any experience yet of the Sigma 50-500 OS version,how does it compare with the older lense and how it rates against a Canon 100-400 for mainly airshow use?

John in East Sussex

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jun 2011 - 8:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JohnGoodwin
    29 Jun 2011 - 12:04 PM

I've had a Bigma 1 since it was first introduced and for the range it gives and cost it really is a winner. Bigma mark 2 has to be even better as for the stability at full zoom. This is now where my Mark 1 fails me hand held ( 74 years makes a big difference ) Having said all that if you mange to get a good Canon 100-400 (and there are some bad ones around even from new) I would go for it as it will perhaps hold it's price better.

John

User_Removed
    30 Jun 2011 - 9:44 PM

Unless you really need the 50-150mm range (and don't have another lens to cover it) then think very seriously about the Sigma 150-500mm rather than the 50-500mm lens. I have been using the 150-500mm on a Nikon D3s and a D300 for almost a year now and have been hugely impressed by its sharpness and fidelity even to the very extreme of its range. My only very mild complaint is the slight noise from the OS system (but I have that switched off most of the time anyway as the high-ISO supremacy of the Nikons allows me to use fairly high shutter speeds and, of course, no VR/OS/IS system gives any benefit at speeds faster than about 1/500th anyway).

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2011 - 9:46 PM

well, you can't find another lens more versatile than the bigma.

whatsthisbuttondo
    whatsthisbuttondo e2 Member 3whatsthisbuttondo vcard England
    10 Jul 2011 - 5:32 PM

leftforum High supremacy of nikon?

whatsthisbuttondo
    whatsthisbuttondo e2 Member 3whatsthisbuttondo vcard England
    10 Jul 2011 - 5:44 PM

missed out iso

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.