Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New camera strap

ade123 e2
2 209 1 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 4:31PM
Hi , I am thinking of buying a new camera strap,preferably one that I can detach quickly.I have seen the joby 3 way strap and would be interested on your opinions of it or can any one point me in the direction of a good strap.The joby fits into the tripod thread on the camera but looks to me as the camera would be at an awkward angle when walking around etc.

Any advice will be welcome

Regards Adrian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett e2
4 372 England
2 Feb 2013 4:43PM
Some folks love them some hate them, best advice find a shop that sells them (if there's any left), and try one on your camera.
ade123 e2
2 209 1 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 4:47PM
Hi that's one of my problems there are no camera shops left in Bedford apart from currys etc and they will not stock straps etc and I have phoned some shops in surrounding areas but they don't want to know so it looks like gambling on one online which could be money wasted if I don't like it.

Regards Adrian
2 Feb 2013 5:05PM
I use the Black Rapid Sport,it is fantastic and camera hangs at your side nicely,there are cheaper alternatives like the QR version but i decided on the Black Rapid
Andy
rats e2
7 2 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 5:36PM
Have a look at these :

http://www.jodiescamerastraps.com/
jembo e2
11 104 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 6:06PM
What camera are you using?
I've just ordered an Optech neoprene strap. The wife has one and it's so comfy;

http://optechusa.com/straps/pro-strap.html
ade123 e2
2 209 1 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 6:08PM
Hi jembo,
I have a canon 650D
steve_p e2
9 1.1k England
2 Feb 2013 6:52PM
Adrian , I used an optech neoprene strap for a while on my 600d and then the 60d. It was a big improvement on the original one. I now use a Black Rapid one which I find suits me better .
If you aren't sure about the optech one mine is in a cupboard. pm me if you want to try it out at a very reasonable cost?
jembo e2
11 104 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 8:48PM
I'm not sure where abouts you are in the UK Ade but if you can get to the NEC Birmingham for the Focus on Imaging show I'm sure you will find plenty of straps (and other gear) to look at and try. And there's ususally (a bit of) discount on most things.

http://www.focus-on-imaging.co.uk/
ade123 e2
2 209 1 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 9:00PM
Hi jembo,
I'm in Bedford which is about an hour and a half from the nec
2 Feb 2013 9:03PM
Hi ade

Check out CarrySpeed I've just ordered the FS slim with the F1 mount plate. The reviews that I have seen are good and it looks quite comfortable.

Shakey
jembo e2
11 104 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 9:14PM

Quote:I'm in Bedford which is about an hour and a half from the nec

Well it's a good day out and an ideal occasion to get any accessories. And a lot more besides.

Anyone else going? I won't be - flying off on holiday March 2nd.
28 Feb 2013 2:06PM
Go for a Black Rapid, best strap I have ever used, you hardly know you are carrying a big hefty camera and lens, it hangs nicely at your side.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 2:49PM
I have both the Optech and a Rapid - I got the Rapid on eBay from Hong Kong for 12. It's really good.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
28 Feb 2013 3:37PM

Quote:Go for a Black Rapid, best strap I have ever used, you hardly know you are carrying a big hefty camera and lens, it hangs nicely at your side.

+1
I have my 5DIII with 70-200 attached hanging on a BR. Hardly know it's there.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.