Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New Chairman of our camera club.

janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
17 May 2010 10:55PM
We recently had some one posting on here about being female in a predominantly male attended camera club and feeling nervous about joining. Well the general preserve of our commitee was male, until tonight. I was voted in as new club chairman with my vice chair also being female. I am so proud to be the very first female to hold the post and also for my vice chair being in the same position. The club acknowledged the growing membership having a good ratio of male/female members. So to anyone thinking of joining a local club whatever your gender, go on, do it. You can only benefit from the experience and if you have great ideas you want to share then get yourself elected to the commitee and make things happen.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
17 May 2010 10:56PM
Well done Jane and good luck with the post Smile
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
17 May 2010 10:59PM
Thanks Pete. Grin
Michelle_S 7 529 England
17 May 2010 11:01PM
Congratulations Smile
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
17 May 2010 11:03PM
Congrats
BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
17 May 2010 11:07PM

Quote:BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?

There's a joke in there somewhere. I'm certain we shall soon find out!

Jane
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
18 May 2010 8:33AM
No joke from me, I have no idea what the answer is, I just found it a strange nomenclature

A car club is all about the car, a model flying club is all about the models flying, I hope that a camera club is not all about the camera Wink
Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
18 May 2010 8:44AM
Well done.

My club's president is a woman.

There are about 50 members and about 6 of them are women (including me) but I win us all the big points in comps which I think has put a few middle aged male noses out of joint.

It's tough being woman in a male dominated photography circle but you just have to be tougher Smile
18 May 2010 8:45AM

Quote:Congrats
BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?

No idea, mine is a Photographic Society Tongue
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
18 May 2010 10:50AM

Quote:BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?

well, one's full of old farts, and the other is full of old, no hang on, erm ... there's no difference.
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
18 May 2010 11:07AM
I am sure our junior members will be delighted at being classed 'old farts'
lol
18 May 2010 11:30AM
You have JUNIOR members??

I'm the second youngest in ours Sad
DOGSBODY 6 1.4k 30 England
18 May 2010 11:34AM
Photography used to be a male dominated thing but in recent years women have almost started to outnumber men in certain areas and they have brought a new way of looking at things with them.

You only have to look at this site to see that there are some extremely capable lady photographers out there and us men are going to have to look to our laurels.

Good on you for taking over the chair at your club I hope that things go well for you.
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
18 May 2010 11:40AM

Quote:I am sure our junior members will be delighted at being classed 'old farts'

Maybe I was being a bit harsh with the old.

I'm allowed to make this joke being an old fart myself, I belong to a society actually ( same difference).

Well done on making chairman.
18 May 2010 1:17PM
The camera club I belonged to in my teens had very many women members - and advanced workers they were too.

What's new? Wink

Edit; Well done, Janeez and best wishes for a successful chairmanship.

(Or should that be "chairwomanship" Smile - I prefer not to make the distinction though )

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.