Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Chairman of our camera club.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

We recently had some one posting on here about being female in a predominantly male attended camera club and feeling nervous about joining. Well the general preserve of our commitee was male, until tonight. I was voted in as new club chairman with my vice chair also being female. I am so proud to be the very first female to hold the post and also for my vice chair being in the same position. The club acknowledged the growing membership having a good ratio of male/female members. So to anyone thinking of joining a local club whatever your gender, go on, do it. You can only benefit from the experience and if you have great ideas you want to share then get yourself elected to the commitee and make things happen.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Well done Jane and good luck with the post Smile

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Thanks Pete. Grin

Michelle_S
17 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Congratulations Smile

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

Congrats
BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?

janeez
17 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Quote: BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?

There's a joke in there somewhere. I'm certain we shall soon find out!

Jane

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2010 - 8:33 AM

No joke from me, I have no idea what the answer is, I just found it a strange nomenclature

A car club is all about the car, a model flying club is all about the models flying, I hope that a camera club is not all about the camera Wink

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2010 - 8:44 AM

Well done.

My club's president is a woman.

There are about 50 members and about 6 of them are women (including me) but I win us all the big points in comps which I think has put a few middle aged male noses out of joint.

It's tough being woman in a male dominated photography circle but you just have to be tougher Smile

Fishnet
18 May 2010 - 8:45 AM

Quote: Congrats
BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?

No idea, mine is a Photographic Society Tongue

stix
stix e2 Member 9924 forum postsstix vcard United Kingdom87 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

Quote: BTW whats the diff between a camera club & a photography club?

well, one's full of old farts, and the other is full of old, no hang on, erm ... there's no difference.

Last Modified By stix at 18 May 2010 - 10:50 AM
kaybee
kaybee  103880 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

I am sure our junior members will be delighted at being classed 'old farts'
lol

Fishnet
18 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

You have JUNIOR members??

I'm the second youngest in ours Sad

DOGSBODY
DOGSBODY  61432 forum posts England30 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Photography used to be a male dominated thing but in recent years women have almost started to outnumber men in certain areas and they have brought a new way of looking at things with them.

You only have to look at this site to see that there are some extremely capable lady photographers out there and us men are going to have to look to our laurels.

Good on you for taking over the chair at your club I hope that things go well for you.

stix
stix e2 Member 9924 forum postsstix vcard United Kingdom87 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

Quote: I am sure our junior members will be delighted at being classed 'old farts'

Maybe I was being a bit harsh with the old.

I'm allowed to make this joke being an old fart myself, I belong to a society actually ( same difference).

Well done on making chairman.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2010 - 1:17 PM

The camera club I belonged to in my teens had very many women members - and advanced workers they were too.

What's new? Wink

Edit; Well done, Janeez and best wishes for a successful chairmanship.

(Or should that be "chairwomanship" Smile - I prefer not to make the distinction though )

Last Modified By Just Jas at 18 May 2010 - 1:21 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.