Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New DX !!!!

thewilliam 6 4.8k
21 Nov 2012 11:21PM

Quote:ROTFL !
. . . I don't understand?

The full version is ROTFPML.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
22 Nov 2012 7:30AM

Quote:The full version is ROTFPML.

. . . that's what's thrown me.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Nov 2012 10:49AM

Quote:The full version is ROTFPML.

ROTFL and PML (or PMSL) can be used stand-alone or together.................. AFAIK. Smile
petebfrance 2 1.3k United Kingdom
22 Nov 2012 1:42PM

Quote:....I have been attacked in a French forum as a moron because I had misspelled a word.....

Oh dear. I was wondering if there was a French photography forum that I could join, but as mere misspelling is the least of my problems with the language I'll give it a miss.
thewilliam 6 4.8k
22 Nov 2012 3:29PM

Quote:....I have been attacked in a French forum as a moron because I had misspelled a word.....

Good thing you didn't use some English words on the French forum. Hasn't their government made it illegal?

C'est la vie, or as the French would say, "that's life".
22 Nov 2012 5:03PM
Actually, I'd very much like to find a French photography forum or two - not so much for 'joining in' in as to see 'what's going on.' As my camera will eventually have to be replaced I'd be interested in seeing who/what/where and so on, and of course seeing the work that get's posted.
*not planning to desert Epz - you don't get rid of me that easily Smile
annettep38 e2
3 188 32 France
23 Nov 2012 12:34AM
Pete,
where are you in France?

think I'd rather go to meetings... if I can Smile
23 Nov 2012 10:57AM

Quote:Pete,
where are you in France?

think I'd rather go to meetings... if I can Smile

Annette
I'm in Finistère, Brittany. But I'm not really looking to meet other photographers - it would be extremely embarassing turning up with an old Fuji bridge camera!
Pete
thewilliam 6 4.8k
23 Nov 2012 12:17PM

Quote:I'm in Finistère, Brittany. But I'm not really looking to meet other photographers - it would be extremely embarassing turning up with an old Fuji bridge camera!
Pete

The best photographers' get-togethers are where people take their work rather than their cameras!
23 Nov 2012 12:51PM

Quote:The best photographers' get-togethers are where people take their work rather than their cameras!

Ah. I don't actually print any out, but point taken.
23 Nov 2012 1:13PM
You don't need to feel embarrassed because you're using an old Fuji Bridge camera.
I used a Fuji S5700 for a few years. I got some really good results using it and I still sometimes use it now.
A lot of the stuff in my pf.was shot with it.
Admittedly, its performance isn't up to that of my DSLR but there are areas in which it excels. Its ability to take excellent close-ups, as you've already discovered, for example. It's also surprisingly weatherproof. On more than one occasion, I've taken it out in the rain, whereas I'd never have done so with my Nikon.
Go out and meet people. It doesn't matter what you use to get your photographs, it's the fact that you're doing so that counts.
23 Nov 2012 3:44PM
Jester
yes, it's also reasonably weatherproof (mine has an internal focusing / zooming lens which is reasonably well-sealed). I have to admit that for the first time in 6 years I actually did feel embarassed by it the other day when I bumped into a friend with a new Canon DSLR and had a momentary (and quite shameful) feeling that I was glad I'd left the thing at home so we didn't 'compare cameras.' It rather shocked me at the time, but I think I've recovered Wink
The area I live in is fairly isolated, so a French forum would be useful. In many ways Epz is quite UK-centric which means that information on where to buy etc. is of limited use to me.
Pete
23 Nov 2012 4:09PM
I think I'd be right in saying that your Fuji is the predecessor to mine, which similarly has internal focusing. In fact, apart from the pixel count, for what it's worth, I think they're identical.
I once met up with a friend who'd just bought a Canon EOS40D, which had just been released and there was just a moment when I thought that I'd be out of my depth.
I was however, quite pleased to find that upon comparing images (on his also new Mac) that his were no better than mine.
23 Nov 2012 4:26PM

Quote:I think I'd be right in saying that your Fuji is the predecessor to mine, which similarly has internal focusing. In fact, apart from the pixel count, for what it's worth, I think they're identical.

Probably - mine's the 5600 (5200 in the US) and I believe yours is the 5700? Not sure about the sensor, mine is 5mp Super CCD (one of Fuji's earlier trick sensors Smile) and I believe that whereas the lens on mine is a fixed, non-extending unit Fuji 'bowed to pressure' to make it smaller when not in use on the 5700.
Images are quite noisy above iso 200, colour is fairly unsaturated but reasonably accurate and sharpness often needs boosting. I actually like the small EVF - very easy to see the whole composition at a glance, whereas with my SLRs I used to find the vf far too large. Very convenient most of the time.

(Going off subject here, though.......it's not DX!)
23 Nov 2012 5:03PM
Yes. Mine's the S5700 with 7(ish)mp.

And yes, we are moving away from the topic somewhat!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.