Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New DX !!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

annettep38
annettep38 e2 Member 3186 forum postsannettep38 vcard France32 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2012 - 5:22 PM

(Sorry, more OF THE TOPIC..)
Pete, it really doesn't matter what you got, it is what you can achieve that matters. We got many people on the site who have not got the latest gear. I have got a lot of heavy gear but certainly not the newest stuff.
Where to buy... leboncoin.fr of course. A lot of good second hand gear is there.. I found my wonderful 20 year old zoom there Smile Priceminister.fr is another possibility. and the obvious fleabay.

If it comes to new stuff I have ordered mine in Italy, considering the exchange rate that was more interesting than some of the excellent dealers here on the site. Once I wanted to give preference to Wex here, but they didn't have the item in stock and had no idea when it would arrive.. so it was Italy again.

forum:
try
www.fotocommunity.fr
and
http://www.macro-nature.fr/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13
my favourite
www.photo-nature.be

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Nov 2012 - 5:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
23 Nov 2012 - 5:37 PM

Quote: Pete, it really doesn't matter what you got, it is what you can achieve that matters.

Precisely.

petebfrance
23 Nov 2012 - 6:22 PM

Annette
many thanks for the links. I'll have a look - probably lurk awhile and see if joining is a good idea.

But don't worry, I'm fine with the current camera! It is getting a bit 'cranky' as the switches are no longer precise (turn on too quickly and nothing happens at all!), so sadly a replacement may be necessary at some time. Could do with more DR, though.
The 'feeling of inadequacy' was a momentary lapse which I put down to the lousy weather we've been having here.

Pete

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.