Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New e2 feature - Extra statistics & recently commented on photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Will
Will  121788 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Jan 2005 - 5:03 AM

On your Extra Stats page, you can now see the four most recently commented on photos.

You now have a drop-down to dig deeper beyond the limit of four on the first page of the stats. So you could choose to view the last 32 photos of yours to have comments made on them recently, or the 32 most popular etc.

A extra minor tweak is that all four rows now show hits and reader's choice votes.

Please post a message here if you have any problems.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jan 2005 - 5:03 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

leedsgh
leedsgh  10496 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Jan 2005 - 5:06 AM

another great facility! Cheers Will!

Atlas
Atlas  10621 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Jan 2005 - 5:08 AM

Excellent Will! :o)

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2005 - 5:08 AM

Just had a look, and I love it! Saves me going through my whole portfolio regularly - thanks!

Conrad

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012553 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2005 - 5:09 AM

Very swish, just a thought, rather than a button would it be able to load as you select it? Oh yes and the least viewed photos should go, NOW! Wink

randomrubble
13 Jan 2005 - 5:10 AM

Brilliant.

The most recent comments view is probaly the best feature yet, means you can check instantly if someon'e commented on a old shot.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2005 - 5:16 AM

Excellent Will. One small point, if you show one of the options for most/least 32 and go into an individual pic, when you hit the back button the page has expired and has to be refreshed. Perhaps it would be better to open the pics in a new window?

Ian

FrankThomas
FrankThomas e2 Member 112762 forum postsFrankThomas vcard United Kingdom
13 Jan 2005 - 5:20 AM

Very nice !! it'll be interesting to see which of my photos generate the most interest amongst my peers

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012553 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2005 - 5:23 AM

Can someone explain how the viewing figures are arrived at only I find it a bit worrying after looking at the 32 most viewed. I mean I got nearly 1400 views on one picture with 86 clicks.

UserRemoved
13 Jan 2005 - 5:25 AM

Hits the spot! Many thanks

Building on what K says re. Least Viewed (I know, she wants it destroyed!) would it be possible to enter a cutoff point? So, Least Viewed with lowest figure being 10.

In theory, this applied to all the options would enable you to access stats for the whole Portfolio (in 32 thumb chunks)

Just a thought, tho' don't want to detract from a great improvement by seeming to whinge! :o)

hobbs
hobbs e2 Member 101222 forum postshobbs vcard United Kingdom
13 Jan 2005 - 5:26 AM

Well done Will, just had a quick and I'm impressed.
Nick

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2005 - 5:26 AM

The views are who's opened the pic and looked. Clicks are those who've said they like it. I've viewed just about every photo and only click on a few! Many may do the same. You don't have to like a photo when you open it.

UserRemoved
13 Jan 2005 - 5:34 AM

Yeah, the Most Viewed one is an eye opener.

An OK pic I get as good as 2.5:1 and a rubbish comes in at 20:1. So now I can't complain that no one's looking at the pics - which is good, BTW, as it confirms that it isn't that good a pic (suspected, but now more proof!)

paulstefan
13 Jan 2005 - 5:37 AM

Excellent!
Love it - thanks Pete/Will

Per K's comment - I agree it would be better for it to automatically load the page once you've made your selection from the dropdown, rather that having to click on the "Show further statistics" button.

Cheers, Paul

Mixpix
Mixpix  101058 forum posts England
13 Jan 2005 - 5:39 AM

This one gets a thumbs up from me, I like to see my pics are being viewed. Nice one
Mick

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.