Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New ePHOTOzine Feature Coming Soon!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
StrayCat
StrayCat  1014213 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2013 - 8:52 PM

The only thing wrong with this is the way it was announced. Access to a photography course is a natural for any photography site...isn't it?

I should add here that even the way it was announced doesn't bother me, really. Different things excite different folk.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 22 Feb 2013 - 8:54 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Feb 2013 - 8:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dcash29
dcash29  81870 forum posts England
22 Feb 2013 - 10:15 PM

Personally I'd much rather have an experienced EPZ member pull my picture apart and tell me where I'm going wrong.

Either observing or looking through somebodies viewfinder on an EPZ meet has interested me far more

paulcookphotography

You know, the simple answer is if you dont want it, dont sign up for it.

If folk really expected EPZ to be giving away free *insert latest must have camera here* as the latest feature then they are crazy

What EPZ are actually doing is offering current and potential future members an opportunity to enhance and develop (no pun intended) their photography through a popular and respected site. What is so wrong with that?

However, what is happening in reality i some folk ripping the feature apart before its even launched. Potentially putting folk off the course or (worse) discouraging folk from trying to move forward (those folk who actually enjoy the site)

Last Modified By paulcookphotography at 23 Feb 2013 - 9:47 PM
dcash29
23 Feb 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sounds like you'll be first on the list Paul Smile

Opinions are allowed.

Last Modified By dcash29 at 23 Feb 2013 - 10:21 PM
paulcookphotography

Of course opinions are allowed, but sighs and negativity about something that hasnt been properly revealed is never a good thing.

This is an added feature.

Nothing has been taken away or depriving anyone of what they had before. So whats the big deal? Surely adding something is a step forward that should be encouraged? After all, it could be an added income for the site and lead to more added features or upgrades.

Sorry, id just rather be positive about things, whether i choose to use them or not, than rip them apart because its not as 'awesome' as other hoped-for features. Although im sure there are those out there still waiting to buy their first car when the release the ones that transform into robots and fly

User_Removed
24 Feb 2013 - 1:31 AM

Quote: This is an added feature.

How do you know if it hasn't been properly revealed. It might just be another case of flogging stuff under the ePz name. In time we'll see who is right. Let's hope I'm wrong and that it turns out to be the unique and enjoyable thing promised....

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139368 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 11:46 AM

The Team does seem to have gone a bit quiet on this feature! Wink

I would have thought there would be a flashing banner or something by now, trumpeting the unique course! (Not that we would want a banner! Lol! shocked-light.jpg clown-light.jpg)

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 3:24 PM

Quote: The Team does seem to have gone a bit quiet on this feature!

Probably all sat there wondering why they bother to try and offer new things to members who don't seem to appreciate their effort.
Sad

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139368 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 3:47 PM

Well it's not exactly what we expected was it? I.e. something for which we shall likely have to part with a fair bit of dosh to obtain! Wink

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 4:14 PM

Look on the bright side CB.
It's not just available to e2 members.
And we don't need an Opt-Out facility!
Wink

Last Modified By dougv at 24 Feb 2013 - 4:15 PM
Carabosse
24 Feb 2013 - 4:27 PM

Very true! Grin

User_Removed
24 Feb 2013 - 5:07 PM

Quote: ePHOTOzine is pleased to announce that it has an amazing new feature coming to the site in the very near future! But for now, it's top secret! During the build up to the launch, we want you to have a guess at what you think it could be.
We're all very excited about this new feature, and we think you will be too!

Are you going to be flogging photography courses to the members? That sounds too exciting to be true and would need much more hype. Tongue

dcash29
24 Feb 2013 - 6:56 PM

I dont think its helped that the structure/concept obviously isn't fully in place, so that once the guessing game was over full details were available.
I do wonder if the decision to name the new feat...serv...cour is a little premature?

Surely it will only appeal to one who has a particular learning style.

Last Modified By dcash29 at 24 Feb 2013 - 6:58 PM
Carabosse
24 Feb 2013 - 7:15 PM

I assume it is some sort of online course. It would have been better to keep shtum and then announce all the details in with a fanfare of publicity and indeed glory! Wink

taggart
taggart e2 Member 942 forum poststaggart vcard United States12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2013 - 9:19 PM

So tired of images not loading, or loading half way--- perhaps epz will get it own , it very own internet line?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.