Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New ePHOTOzine Feature Coming Soon!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 10:22 AM

Quote: Is there not something similar to that already? There was an option to have it on / off but I cannot find what or where that feature is now

If there was, it managed to escape my attention! (That's easy enough in all the options you can turn on or off, when I go there, I can't see the forest for the trees, sometimes.)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Feb 2013 - 10:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 10:30 AM

Quote: There was an option to have it on / off but I cannot find what or where that feature is now

It's at the top of reviews etc - turn on or off Jargon buster which highlights words that are in our glossary Smile

conrad
7 Feb 2013 - 11:10 AM

Quote: It's at the top of reviews etc - turn on or off Jargon buster which highlights words that are in our glossary

Strange, I can't find a reviews section. Where is that exactly? (I get lost in all the settings, there are so many.)

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
Strange, I can't find a reviews section.

Reviews are accessed from the main top site menu and when you click on any review (test) or actually anything in the article system (techniques, guides interviews etc) the jargon switch is at the beginning of each article
jargon.jpg

conrad
7 Feb 2013 - 11:22 AM

Ah, that's why I couldn't find it, it's not in my personal settings section. Thanks, I'll have a look. (I think I should have it on, really, that could be helpful.)

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315231 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 5:42 PM

A discount card for all E2 members, giving you a small discount at certain participating photo stores, in return Pete gives these retailers discounted advertising space.

Something that`s good for everyone, EPZ gets increased volume of E2 membership, the stores get more customers and sales and E2 members get discounts Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 7 Feb 2013 - 5:45 PM
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43857 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 6:21 PM

Quote: A discount card for all E2 members, giving you a small discount at certain participating photo stores, in return Pete gives these retailers discounted advertising space.

Something that`s good for everyone, EPZ gets increased volume of E2 membership, the stores get more customers and sales and E2 members get discounts Smile

Not a bad idea, but...
...I'd still prefer free and unlimited chocolate Hobnobs for e2 members.Tongue

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 7 Feb 2013 - 6:29 PM
Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 10:09 PM

Quote: A discount card for all E2 members, giving you a small discount at certain participating photo stores, in return Pete gives these retailers discounted advertising space.

Are there any photo stores left ? With Jessops gone and apart from Calumet there are certainly very few Independants left.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315231 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 10:16 PM

There are still a fair few

calumet, LCE, WEx, Park camera`s etc etc

And I`n sure there are plenty in Europe and the US Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 7 Feb 2013 - 10:20 PM
Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 10:26 PM

Clearly a different world your side of the Irish Sea. Calumet is in Belfast but the rest you mention are Online as far as we are concerned. At least Jessops was handy to go into to get a hands on demo before going home and buying cheaper Online. Hmm, maybe that's why they went out of business.

Canonshots
7 Feb 2013 - 10:26 PM

How about an award each month for the best beginner's portfolio, receipt of which would entail automatic promotion to enthusiast category.

Paul Morgan
7 Feb 2013 - 10:29 PM

Quote: Calumet is in Belfast but the rest you mention are Online as far as we are concerned

Pretty much all stores are online as well as being on the high street, it keeps them floating.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 7 Feb 2013 - 10:32 PM
Eastlands
7 Feb 2013 - 10:34 PM

Paul, I understand what you're saying but my point was that while Online is available to all and is where most of their business is there are very few left on the High Street. We just have to accept that the world has changed and the likes of Jessops and HMV belong to a different era, John.

Paul Morgan
8 Feb 2013 - 1:32 AM

Quote: Paul, I understand what you're saying but my point was that while Online is available to all and is where most of their business is there are very few left on the High Street

Guess a lot of it depends on were you live, there`s nothing near me, most of my shopping is on-line unless I fancy taking a trip.

emmaK22
emmaK22 ePHOTOzine Staff 353 forum postsemmaK22 vcard United Kingdom
8 Feb 2013 - 9:03 AM

Some fab ideas here, guys.

Keep guessing over the weekend, and there will be another clue revealed next week!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.