Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New ePHOTOzine Feature Coming Soon!

conrad 10 10.9k 116
7 Feb 2013 10:22AM

Quote:Is there not something similar to that already? There was an option to have it on / off but I cannot find what or where that feature is now

If there was, it managed to escape my attention! (That's easy enough in all the options you can turn on or off, when I go there, I can't see the forest for the trees, sometimes.)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
7 Feb 2013 10:30AM

Quote:There was an option to have it on / off but I cannot find what or where that feature is now

It's at the top of reviews etc - turn on or off Jargon buster which highlights words that are in our glossary Smile
conrad 10 10.9k 116
7 Feb 2013 11:10AM

Quote:It's at the top of reviews etc - turn on or off Jargon buster which highlights words that are in our glossary

Strange, I can't find a reviews section. Where is that exactly? (I get lost in all the settings, there are so many.)
Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
7 Feb 2013 11:19AM

Quote:
Strange, I can't find a reviews section.

Reviews are accessed from the main top site menu and when you click on any review (test) or actually anything in the article system (techniques, guides interviews etc) the jargon switch is at the beginning of each article
jargon.jpg

conrad 10 10.9k 116
7 Feb 2013 11:22AM
Ah, that's why I couldn't find it, it's not in my personal settings section. Thanks, I'll have a look. (I think I should have it on, really, that could be helpful.)
Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.8k 6 England
7 Feb 2013 5:42PM
A discount card for all E2 members, giving you a small discount at certain participating photo stores, in return Pete gives these retailers discounted advertising space.

Something that`s good for everyone, EPZ gets increased volume of E2 membership, the stores get more customers and sales and E2 members get discounts Smile
saltireblue Plus
5 4.9k 27 Norway
7 Feb 2013 6:21PM

Quote:A discount card for all E2 members, giving you a small discount at certain participating photo stores, in return Pete gives these retailers discounted advertising space.

Something that`s good for everyone, EPZ gets increased volume of E2 membership, the stores get more customers and sales and E2 members get discounts Smile

Not a bad idea, but...
...I'd still prefer free and unlimited chocolate Hobnobs for e2 members.Tongue

Malc
Eastlands Plus
4 736 3 Northern Ireland
7 Feb 2013 10:09PM

Quote:A discount card for all E2 members, giving you a small discount at certain participating photo stores, in return Pete gives these retailers discounted advertising space.

Are there any photo stores left ? With Jessops gone and apart from Calumet there are certainly very few Independants left.
Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.8k 6 England
7 Feb 2013 10:16PM
There are still a fair few

calumet, LCE, WEx, Park camera`s etc etc

And I`n sure there are plenty in Europe and the US Smile
Eastlands Plus
4 736 3 Northern Ireland
7 Feb 2013 10:26PM
Clearly a different world your side of the Irish Sea. Calumet is in Belfast but the rest you mention are Online as far as we are concerned. At least Jessops was handy to go into to get a hands on demo before going home and buying cheaper Online. Hmm, maybe that's why they went out of business.
Canonshots 4 118 13 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2013 10:26PM
How about an award each month for the best beginner's portfolio, receipt of which would entail automatic promotion to enthusiast category.
Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.8k 6 England
7 Feb 2013 10:29PM

Quote:Calumet is in Belfast but the rest you mention are Online as far as we are concerned

Pretty much all stores are online as well as being on the high street, it keeps them floating.
Eastlands Plus
4 736 3 Northern Ireland
7 Feb 2013 10:34PM
Paul, I understand what you're saying but my point was that while Online is available to all and is where most of their business is there are very few left on the High Street. We just have to accept that the world has changed and the likes of Jessops and HMV belong to a different era, John.
Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.8k 6 England
8 Feb 2013 1:32AM

Quote:Paul, I understand what you're saying but my point was that while Online is available to all and is where most of their business is there are very few left on the High Street

Guess a lot of it depends on were you live, there`s nothing near me, most of my shopping is on-line unless I fancy taking a trip.
8 Feb 2013 9:03AM
Some fab ideas here, guys.

Keep guessing over the weekend, and there will be another clue revealed next week!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.