Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New feature - Tag search

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcupr
tomcupr  8346 forum posts
6 Jun 2006 - 6:57 AM

Hi,

Thank you to everyone who tagged their photos, we are now introducing our brand new tag search.

This system is hugely dependant on users and we hope that you will carry on with tagging your photos to create more relevant search results. Tagging has also been enabled when uploading new photos or editing existing ones.

We plan to introduce new adittional features in the near future.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jun 2006 - 6:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad
conrad  910873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:07 AM

The system seems quite strict. I tagged one photo "grape hyacinth" and one "grape hyacinths". If I search for the singular, it doesn't show the plural one as well. Might be a bit more flexible, I think. But otherwise it seems to work well.

Conrad

tenerifejohn
6 Jun 2006 - 7:08 AM

Excellent idea. I actually found two fellow residents of my home town on ephotozene. Tagging was easy and I have tagged my lot. More power to your elbow.
John

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:09 AM

I must be doing something wrong. I've tried various tag searches for tags which I know are present (Sunset for example) + some which I have entered.

It seems to carry out the search but nothing happens and I am returned to the Tag Search page.

Most weird - if I "cut and paste" a tag from one of my pictures "drone fly" for instance, it returns the right image. If I type the same words into the search box, it returns nothing?

I give up, I've gone back in and started from scratch - it now seems to work.

Sorted - If I put the search tag(s) in and hit "Enter" it doesn't work - I have to hit the "Search" button.

Nice one anyway but I still can't see what I was doing that broke it to start with?

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:11 AM

Quote: The system seems quite strict. I tagged one photo "grape hyacinth" and one "grape hyacinths".

This is planned as a new feature. 20,000 tagged photos is not a lot comparing to totaln number of picures we have. If people are tagging and using the feature we will carry on improving it Smile

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:12 AM

Quote: I must be doing something wrong.

Probably. It works for everone else

CanonMan
CanonMan e2 Member 12474 forum postsCanonMan vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:12 AM

Seems to be working. An excellent addition to the site.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96207 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:15 AM

AN IDEA !

When all you good people go on an 'epz meet' can you tag your uploads with something relevant to that meet then we can filter them out as a collection.

Obviously we will need to be told the tag.

JouŠo
JouŠo  1056 forum posts Finland
6 Jun 2006 - 7:17 AM

Hope anyone doesnt search: "Sunset" ; )

Jouko

conrad
conrad  910873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:18 AM

(Edited) Duh, read the instructions before complaining!

davidentrican
6 Jun 2006 - 7:18 AM

It works if I type a tag in the box and click 'search', but it doesn't work if I type in a tag and press enter...

This might be the problem you were having Brian?

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:23 AM

Quote: No, there's definitely something that doesn't work. It only accepts single tags as search words. An example: I tagged several pictures with, among others, "cube houses" and "rotterdam". If you use both of those as search terms, you get no results at all. With either, so not combining the two search terms but using just one, I can find the pictures without problems. This means that it can be very tricky to find the right sunset, to name but one!

Pictures have to be tagged with all tags entered in search box. If you use our example "lighthouse, sunset" you will get results. It DOESN'T mean you will find photos tagged with just either of them... Using multiple keywords is for making you rearch more relevant, "red, rose" for example

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:24 AM

Quote: It works if I type a tag in the box and click 'search', but it doesn't work if I type in a tag and press enter...

It works for me both in IE and Firefox

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:25 AM

Quote: (Edited) Duh, read the instructions before complaining!

Yeah...we should put this on the top of every page Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:27 AM

Quote: It works if I type a tag in the box and click 'search', but it doesn't work if I type in a tag and press enter...

This might be the problem you were having Brian?

Spot on David, that's exactly what I found

It works for me both in IE and Firefox

but not for me using IE6 Tom

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.