Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New feature - Tag search

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Westers
Westers  93905 forum posts Burkina Faso1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:27 AM

Ok, so what's the most tags anyone has put on a picture? I'm at about 8 for some of mine, and I've only done a few pictures.

And yes, I am a saddo.

Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jun 2006 - 7:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mshepherd
mshepherd  10667 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Jun 2006 - 7:28 AM

Ive got the same problem as davidentrican and others...

"It works if I type a tag in the box and click 'search', but it doesn't work if I type in a tag and press enter"

... (Im running on IE)

tomcupr
tomcupr  7346 forum posts
6 Jun 2006 - 7:30 AM

Quote: but not for me using IE6 Tom

I use IE 6.0 as well and it works. Don't know where problem is guys :-( If you dont mind I will have a look tomorrow Wink

davidentrican
6 Jun 2006 - 7:30 AM

can it please tell me how many results found?

Thanks Smile

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:33 AM

Quote: Can it please tell me how many results found?

Again, this is planned for the future. We have to test performance and usability on this "basic" (it's not that basic, is it?) system and then we can add more things...

ambro
ambro  967 forum posts
6 Jun 2006 - 7:34 AM

just out of curiosity, how many pictures do you have online?!

stix
stix e2 Member 9924 forum postsstix vcard United Kingdom86 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:36 AM

What a great idea! Seems to work really well. What decides what goes on the front page of say 'beaches'?
So far the highland cow tag is all mine, dont think that will last long!
Martin

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:38 AM

Quote: Just out of curiosity, how many pictures do you have online?!

Aprox. 350,000

JohnHorne
JohnHorne  91023 forum posts
6 Jun 2006 - 7:39 AM

Looks like a useful new feature.

It would be convenient if pressing Enter was sufficient to do the search, rather than having to click the button. This would be consistent with other areas of ePZ - for example, the Forum search at the top left.

Would also be useful if it searched image titles. Otherwise people need to enter the words from the title in the list of keywords, and unless people go back and do that there will be many thousands of pictures that can't be searched.

John

Edit: In fact, wouldn't it make sense to include this as an option in the search at the top left ? Seems odd to have one place to select which of 6 areas of the system to search, and somehwere completely different to search the gallery.

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:41 AM

Quote: What a great idea! Seems to work really well. What decides what goes on the front page of say 'beaches'?

At the moment it is sorted by date - newest photos on the top.
We will probably offer other sorting features in the future.

joolsb
joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:43 AM

Why is "Jurassic Coast" different from "Jurassic, Coast"? Surely it shouldn't matter if keywords are adjacent or not, just so long as they're all present?

"Jurassic, Coast" is mine! All mine I tell you!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:45 AM

What I want to know is when Tom and the team are going to find time to tag all the images for us? Surely you don't expect us to go back and tag images that are four years old, do you?

Might have to delete them instead Smile)

Oh no I've mentioned deleting images! Whoops!

Oh and the enter key definitely needs to default to the submit button, see it's not just you Brian Smile

JohnHorne
JohnHorne  91023 forum posts
6 Jun 2006 - 7:47 AM

Cheryl - if it searches the titles (or the titles are copied into the tags) then that won't be necessary !

tomcupr
6 Jun 2006 - 7:49 AM

Quote: What I want to know is when Tom and the team are going to find time to tag all the images for us? Surely you don't expect us to go back and tag images that are four years old, do you?

That's exactly what I expect you to do Wink In the future who doesn't tag, doesn't search Wink

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jun 2006 - 7:50 AM

That'll be good for all the people that called there images things like ////*\\\\ and */\*, etc.

Now will every title will be a great big long description to save typing in the tags as well?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.