Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New feature - Tag search

Westers e2
10 3.9k 1 Burkina Faso
6 Jun 2006 7:27AM
Ok, so what's the most tags anyone has put on a picture? I'm at about 8 for some of mine, and I've only done a few pictures.

And yes, I am a saddo.

Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mshepherd e2
10 667 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2006 7:28AM
Ive got the same problem as davidentrican and others...

"It works if I type a tag in the box and click 'search', but it doesn't work if I type in a tag and press enter"

... (Im running on IE)
tomcupr e2
8 346
6 Jun 2006 7:30AM

Quote:but not for me using IE6 Tom

I use IE 6.0 as well and it works. Don't know where problem is guys :-( If you dont mind I will have a look tomorrow Wink
6 Jun 2006 7:30AM
can it please tell me how many results found?

Thanks Smile
tomcupr e2
8 346
6 Jun 2006 7:33AM

Quote:Can it please tell me how many results found?

Again, this is planned for the future. We have to test performance and usability on this "basic" (it's not that basic, is it?) system and then we can add more things...
ambro e2
10 68
6 Jun 2006 7:34AM
just out of curiosity, how many pictures do you have online?!
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2006 7:36AM
What a great idea! Seems to work really well. What decides what goes on the front page of say 'beaches'?
So far the highland cow tag is all mine, dont think that will last long!
Martin
tomcupr e2
8 346
6 Jun 2006 7:38AM

Quote:Just out of curiosity, how many pictures do you have online?!

Aprox. 350,000
JohnHorne e2
10 1.0k
6 Jun 2006 7:39AM
Looks like a useful new feature.

It would be convenient if pressing Enter was sufficient to do the search, rather than having to click the button. This would be consistent with other areas of ePZ - for example, the Forum search at the top left.

Would also be useful if it searched image titles. Otherwise people need to enter the words from the title in the list of keywords, and unless people go back and do that there will be many thousands of pictures that can't be searched.

John

Edit: In fact, wouldn't it make sense to include this as an option in the search at the top left ? Seems odd to have one place to select which of 6 areas of the system to search, and somehwere completely different to search the gallery.
tomcupr e2
8 346
6 Jun 2006 7:41AM

Quote:What a great idea! Seems to work really well. What decides what goes on the front page of say 'beaches'?

At the moment it is sorted by date - newest photos on the top.
We will probably offer other sorting features in the future.
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
6 Jun 2006 7:43AM
Why is "Jurassic Coast" different from "Jurassic, Coast"? Surely it shouldn't matter if keywords are adjacent or not, just so long as they're all present?

"Jurassic, Coast" is mine! All mine I tell you!! Hahahahahahaha!!!
csurry
12 9.2k 92
6 Jun 2006 7:45AM
What I want to know is when Tom and the team are going to find time to tag all the images for us? Surely you don't expect us to go back and tag images that are four years old, do you?

Might have to delete them instead Smile)

Oh no I've mentioned deleting images! Whoops!

Oh and the enter key definitely needs to default to the submit button, see it's not just you Brian Smile
JohnHorne e2
10 1.0k
6 Jun 2006 7:47AM
Cheryl - if it searches the titles (or the titles are copied into the tags) then that won't be necessary !
tomcupr e2
8 346
6 Jun 2006 7:49AM

Quote:What I want to know is when Tom and the team are going to find time to tag all the images for us? Surely you don't expect us to go back and tag images that are four years old, do you?

That's exactly what I expect you to do Wink In the future who doesn't tag, doesn't search Wink
csurry
12 9.2k 92
6 Jun 2006 7:50AM
That'll be good for all the people that called there images things like ////*\\\\ and */\*, etc.

Now will every title will be a great big long description to save typing in the tags as well?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.