Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New feature - Tag search

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
6 Jun 2006 2:29PM
probably work better when there are over a million tagged images.

I tried "pillock" but found one of my own Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcupr 8 346
6 Jun 2006 2:48PM

Quote:Tomas, if you want a proper job, email me.

So...what is it? You have my email :-p

PS: just be aware I don't do male nudity!!
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
6 Jun 2006 10:12PM
I can't believe that with around 31,000 images tagged so far, only mine have the tag 'Europe' and only one other image has the tag 'UK'...

What a parochial bunch you are... ;o)

(EDIT) Actually, there are more images tagged with 'France' than have 'England' as a tag.
tomcupr 8 346
6 Jun 2006 10:21PM

Quote:I can't believe that with around 31,000 images tagged so far, only mine have the tag 'Europe' and only one other image has the tag 'UK'...

That is not true. There is a lot images tagged with either Europe or UK. Not just 1 that's for sure Smile
6 Jun 2006 10:23PM
Whilst I'm here, and apologies if this has already been covered, but are there plans to allow the importing of IPTC keywords when uploading images? This would make it nice and convenient for those of us who like to use other software for keywording.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2006 10:57PM
Tom - have you got EPZ insomnia, you were here until gone 12 last night and here you are again bright and early this morning! Smile
tomcupr 8 346
6 Jun 2006 11:16PM

Quote:Tom - have you got EPZ insomnia, you were here until gone 12 last night and here you are again bright and early this morning! Smile

You know...I just want to make our users happy Wink
tj e2
11 2.0k England
6 Jun 2006 11:22PM
Hey Bri, stop trying to poach Tom! You should know only I have the key to the desk shackles! Wink
6 Jun 2006 11:23PM

Quote:That is not true. There is a lot images tagged with either Europe or UK. Not just 1 that's for sure Smile

Well, yes. Unless there's a problem with the search, they're nearly all mine!

(Not that I'm complaining, you understand... ;o) )
p3asa 8 676 Scotland
7 Jun 2006 12:19AM
I also see hardly anyone has tagged what camera they have used.

On another subject, when searching for tags it doesn't say how many have been found or how many pages we have to look through. Will this be added?

Steven.

Edit: Might help if I read from the beginning of the thread!
tomcupr 8 346
7 Jun 2006 12:27AM

Quote:I also see hardly anyone has tagged what camera they have used.

Search for camera used will be added today
Sabreur 9 767 England
7 Jun 2006 12:28AM

Quote:On another subject, when searching for tags it doesn't say how many have been found or how many pages we have to look through. Will this be added?

I'd imagine this is for the same reason that the gallery no longer gives you an 'end' option - it is much quicker to just pull the first 16 pictures than to find them all to count them.
NorthernEdge 9 535 England
7 Jun 2006 12:29AM
Hi Tom

Is it possible to hide the "Tags" when viewing images. Find it a bit offputting.

Wink
klewis 10 1.9k 1 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2006 12:33AM
Nice new facility, good work epz Smile I'm finding the tagwords used by people to be just as interesting as the images at the moment lol
Zone 9 9
7 Jun 2006 1:19AM
Tom and everyone involved a big welldone, just busy tagging what few I have Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.