Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

New feature - Tag search

Zone 9 9
7 Jun 2006 1:19AM
Tom and everyone involved a big welldone, just busy tagging what few I have Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Book? what book? Oh that book!

When does it drop on the doorstep?

jas
tomcupr 9 346
7 Jun 2006 2:25AM
There is parcel waiting for Pete to come back Wink It might be it!! Smile
Sabreur 9 767 England
7 Jun 2006 2:29AM
500 hardback copies? That's a big parcel!
Perhaps it should be opened with caution? :-0
I didn't realise that each page of tags had to be saved before proceding to tag the next page.

Fortunately I didn't do too many before saving.

jas
klewis 10 1.9k 1 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2006 2:42AM

Quote:There is parcel waiting for Pete to come back Wink It might be it!! Smile
I flipping hope so! If I'd invested the cost of the book rather than order it when it was first offered I would of made hundreds and hundreds of pounds in interest.

ok ok maybe 5p Wink

Quote:There is parcel waiting for Pete to come back

Where is he then, in the Bahamas?

Very suspicious! Smile)
tj Plus
12 2.0k England
7 Jun 2006 6:25AM
Lol!

Pete's back tomorrow - he's been on press launches with Samsung and Sony.
Carabosse Plus
12 39.7k 269 England
7 Jun 2006 6:27AM
Poor Pete - it's tough out there!! Grin
Press launches or press lunches? Smile
lobsterboy Plus
11 14.4k 13 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2006 11:43AM
Tom,

Just a thought, would it not be a good idea if the title of a picture auomatically became part of the tag data? Personally I would expect to be able to search on the title as well as the tags.

If that's workable then Camera, lens & film could be added as well. After all we all need to search for sunsets taken on Velvia using a canon Wink

Chris
Toppix 10 56 1 England
7 Jun 2006 12:49PM
I keep noticing so many are missing the commas. This will certainly render the tagging of such pictures as useless. Maybe a big spread is required on how to tag correctly.
ian
tomcupr 9 346
7 Jun 2006 1:30PM
Lobsterboy,

That is not developement problem, that is server performance issue. It is all easy to say and it's really nice you'd expect that but performing such operations on database with more than 400,000 entires is very demanding on server power. I can think about 20 other features we could have but thinking of above we can't. Beleive me that we work hard to solve that puzzle and I know that you expect mile straight away after we gave you meter but try to be patient please Wink
tomcupr 9 346
7 Jun 2006 1:49PM

Quote:I keep noticing so many are missing the commas. This will certainly render the tagging of such pictures as useless. Maybe a big spread is required on how to tag correctly.

Citing from tagging page:

When adding tags to your photos, separate multiple tags with a comma. E.g. tree, winter, snow. Also it is OK to put two words together if they should be, E.g. New York, does not need to be seperated by commas. You can use English alphabet, numbers, single quote and comma

I don't want to sound ignorant but what exactly you think is difficult to understand?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.