Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Feature Added

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

alexanderL
20 Sep 2008 - 1:09 AM

I saw the Message sent to me regarding the new Virtul Gallerys feature.

I've been a member for a couple of years and its great to see how this site has improved over that time, but this new feature is only available to E2 members

I was wondering why only E2 members, this seems to be discrimination to all the other members that havn't "Paid"for there membership

Whats the general feeling about this

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Sep 2008 - 1:09 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Badger
Badger  124736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 1:36 AM

If all the new features were given to all members, what would be the point of offering e2? It's not discrimination, people have a choice to pay for extra features, some do and some don't.

And you still get quite a lot on a standard account.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014924 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 1:44 AM

I agree with Matt, there has to be some incentive to pay for a membership. I pay, not for the features, but to help ensure the site stays in existence. If I worked it out, the per hour rate would still be peanuts. The features are a bonus, and it's nice to know they're there when one needs them.

User_Removed
20 Sep 2008 - 1:56 AM

Quote: I've been a member for a couple of years and its great to see how this site has improved over that time

Totally agree - I've been a member for over 6 years and the site today is just amazing.

However, Pete is not Rumpelstiltskin and he cannot spin straw into gold. Everything you see and enjoy on this site has to be paid for.

29 a year is less than 8p per day. Pretty good value in my opinion Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 20 Sep 2008 - 1:57 AM
LisaRose
LisaRose  8172 forum posts United States4 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 4:23 AM

I think it's great that you can upload photo's and get feedback for free, as well as the other free features, but for me, it's well worth the money for e2.

Last Modified By LisaRose at 20 Sep 2008 - 4:24 AM
User_Removed
20 Sep 2008 - 7:24 AM

I can't see how it amounts to discrimination. As a non e2 member I think what I get for free is an amazing and I've seen major improvements that I can benefit from.

Surely e2 members would have a right to complain if they were paying and non-paying members were getting major additional benefits. It seems to me that it's a sensible, even shrewd, commercial decision to make paid for membership even more attractive.

Since the e2 membership has started I think non-paying members have still been well looked after.

Brett

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 9:34 AM

Quote: Since the e2 membership has started I think non-paying members have still been well looked after.

We do balance upgrades fairly. As explained above most of the upgrades are site wide, but just occasionally we drop in something extra for e2 members as a thank you for their continued support.

oneill
oneill  6155 forum posts Ireland
20 Sep 2008 - 10:22 AM

its only fair that e2 members get something extra,,,as they pay to use this great site,, i have not yet become a member,, and still get using this site for free,, which is a lot more than some sites on the net. i do intent to become a member in the next few months, and enjoy the full benfits of this great site,,etc,, one of the reasons why i have not posted any photos,is i am not a member and dont think it would be fair to post for free,, that is only my view,,, pat,,,

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 10:34 AM

Quote: one of the reasons why i have not posted any photos,is i am not a member and dont think it would be fair to post for free,

No need to feel like that... anyone who has a username is a member and entitled to post pics Smile

oneill
oneill  6155 forum posts Ireland
20 Sep 2008 - 10:50 AM

thanks pete,, its just the way i feel, if you give the more you get out of it,,, from when i first came on to this site i was made welcomed by the staff and members and feel proud to be among friends,,, pat,,,,

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 2:07 PM

I think it's terrible when I get a flight that some people can go in first class and get lots of added extras just because they paid more for it - hardly fair is it?

Sad Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 2:32 PM

Quote: one of the reasons why i have not posted any photos,is i am not a member and dont think it would be fair to post for free

I think you will find that there are some large portfolios (e.g 200 photos) amongst EPZ members who have not joined e2.

So I really wouldn't worry about that!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95932 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 8:37 PM

Quote: 29 a year is less than 8p per day. Pretty good value in my opinion

Quite agree Barry

I posted something similar to your comment not long after I first joined and got lambasted for it

Adrian

PS...probably referring to my post long ago

How much is the Sun a day to buy ?

Last Modified By tomcat at 20 Sep 2008 - 8:39 PM
Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 10:03 PM

Quote: one of the reasons why i have not posted any photos,is i am not a member and don't think it would be fair to post for free,

The site relies largely on advertising revenue.

The advertisers rely on increased sales of equipment due to their advertising on the site.

The increased sales come from the members and viewers of the site.

Us!

That's the way works.

There is no such thing as a free meal! We pay for it (collectively) in the long run.

E2 members get extra facilities which they pay extra for.

It all seems OK to me.
jas

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2008 - 10:11 PM

Quote: ...Pete is not Rumpelstiltskin...

Quite! And he hasn't got a breautiful daughter!

(Unless you count Boyd!) Smile Smile Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.