Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New Forest weekend meet - 15/10/2011

Juliee 8 382 4 England
29 Aug 2011 11:07PM
Hello,

This is the forum topic to discuss the New Forest weekend meet event scheduled for 15/10/2011.

To view more details regarding this event, click here .

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Juliee 8 382 4 England
29 Aug 2011 11:13PM
After a brief discussion on the subject, I thought we needed a date in mind. I've gone for this weekend to avoid the half term weekends.
At the moment, we really just need to know who's potentially in, for one or both days, then we can start to make some plans.
30 Aug 2011 8:38PM
Hi there i might be interested

Chris
Juliee 8 382 4 England
31 Aug 2011 12:09AM
Hi Chris, you'd be very welcome.
mohikan22 10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2011 12:46AM
i shall be following this thread and let u know a bit nearer.. matt
Juliee 8 382 4 England
31 Aug 2011 2:14PM
Some suggestions for the pot from my eccentric Aunt in New Milton include;

Bolderwood (ancient woodland, lots of colour)
Puttlesbridge (streams etc)
Keyhaven (boats and mudflats)
Mudeford sandspit, hengistbury head (beach huts and sand dunes)
(Not sure on spellings for any of these)

Those of you more local may know of other areas we could add.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2011 3:37PM
if you got to Mudeford Spit / Hengistbury Head then you can include Mudeford Quay and Stanpit Marsh (where hopefully the migratory wildfowl and waders should have arrived). These last two are on the other side of the harbour estuary but within a 15 minute drive of the Head.

If you go to Keyhaven then you can maybe include Lymington Quay (loads of boats, of course + some nice bits of architecture). I'm not sure if the boat is running that late in the year, if it is then a trip to Hurst Castle from Keyhaven is worth a go, great shots of the IOW + a nice lighthouse by the Castle

Bolderwood can be glorious for Autumn colour when the beech and birch trees are turning

I'm not sure of my commitments at the mo but hope to be able to join this trip if I can
31 Aug 2011 5:22PM
Bolderwood is Loverly in autumn as is some of the pools the other side of the road
Juliee 8 382 4 England
11 Sep 2011 12:20AM
Sarah, Jeff and myself have booked our accommodation, a guest house in Lyndhurst. Graham, Paul & Sonia will hopefully be booking soon.
We are staying Friday 14th & Saturday 15th October.

More details to follow...Smile
11 Sep 2011 8:52AM
im off to the newforest today so i can let you know whats around atm.
matt.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
11 Sep 2011 9:18AM
Hi Matt,
I am sure I am not speaking out-of-turn but we would be grateful for any ideas / tips on good locations for photography.
Ben ( scutter ) has already recommended the Burley Steam Cider Festival Wink

Jeff
11 Sep 2011 6:18PM
no problems Jeff, TBH it really depends on what you would like to photograph.The New Forest has plent of landscape work and macro, even animals (horses donkeys pigs). Burley is a nice, quaint town , for "local images" but to be fair it has become touristy. Lymington Harbour is very nice. again land/seascape work.As Brian has mentioned already further afield to the west Hengistbury head,Mudeford etc etc.

Todays report on my trip to Fritham/Cadmans pool in the NewForest. Lots of Funghi (pictures due up shortly) Lots of birds (chaffinch,bluetit etc etc) Ducks,a couple swans and a great pub Grin plenty of heather (bees and insects). not great weather today for any sunset/rise nor landscape though.
Matt
11 Sep 2011 8:45PM
hope it works. 1 from todays "outing" with Dan1984

BROKEN
MikeBonsall 8 474 3 Guernsey
11 Sep 2011 11:09PM
I'm thinking of popping over from Guernsey to take in the autumn colours in the New Forest and have just spotted this thread. Count me in as a possible.

Mike
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
11 Sep 2011 11:24PM
Hi Mike,
You would be most welcome to join us Wink

We are basing ourselves in Lyndhurst, so if you are interested in accommodation please contact Julie ( Juliee) for the details.

Not sure if the dates will be too early for the Autumn colours but they were the main reason for choosing the New Forest for our October trip.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.