Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Forest weekend meet - 15/10/2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Sezz
Sezz e2 Member 9617 forum postsSezz vcard England15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2011 - 11:36 PM

Quote: Lymington Quay (loads of boats, of course + some nice bits of architecture). I'm not sure if the boat is running that late in the year, if it is then a trip to Hurst Castle from Keyhaven is worth a go, great shots of the IOW + a nice lighthouse by the Castle

boats and a castle, I'm happy already Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Sep 2011 - 11:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Juliee
Juliee  7382 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2011 - 11:42 PM

Quote: it really depends on what you would like to photograph

If you have a look at our group meets so far, anything goes....landscapes, harbours, boats, macro, candids, urban night, rural night/star trails/ light painting, beaches, towns, villages, islands, letter spotting, dead fish, snakes...haven't done naked ladies or cars yet, but Paul keeps trying!!

So any ideas, chuck em in. I think we'll be fine for the Autumn colour a little earlier, the trees round here are turning already!

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2011 - 10:01 AM

Night work (car trails) i love. have done many in the past and really enjoy them Grin

thatmanbrian
17 Sep 2011 - 9:13 PM

I live near the New Forest. From my end, I often travel to near Lynwood and the Red Shoot Inn, a picturesque pub in woodland with forest ponies wandering up to its windows.

From there, you can travel deeper into the New forest (in the direction of Lyndhust ) with lots of interesting landscapes en-route and end up on Bolderwood Ornamental Drive (at the start of which is a superb deer spotting platform and carpark).

From Bolderwood, cross the Christchuch road onto Rhinefield Drive for different types of trees (lots of pines with lovely light) and on to Puttersbridge and beyond. Don't be suprised that a lot of the New Forest is open heathland. Forest doesn't actually mean 'trees', those are found in woods. But there are loads of woods in the forest! Tongue The open heath can look marvellous under big skies with herds of horses and cattle roaming free. October is also good for spotting pigs let loose in the woods to eat acorns poisonous to the forest ponies. The pigs are friendly BTW!

Even in poor weather there are good photos to be had so I'm sure you'll all have a whale of a time!

By the way, Rhinefield Drive is named after Rhinefield House, now a hotel. The manor house has an absolutely fabulous Alambra Room - Morocan/Moorish in style and stunning. Now it's a hotel don't know if the public can troll in to see it but worth a try if the weather is lousy. The manore was used for several Two Ronnies sketches too.

Brian

Last Modified By thatmanbrian at 17 Sep 2011 - 9:20 PM
Juliee
18 Sep 2011 - 8:10 PM

Thank you for the info Brian, much appreciated.
Are you able to join us at some point over the weekend? You would, of course, be very welcome.

thatmanbrian
18 Sep 2011 - 8:24 PM

Tell me what pub ....Wink

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Sep 2011 - 2:37 PM

Sounds like it could be fun, but a tad difficult for me to attend, I think. I'll have to sit this one out, and hope to see you next time. Any ideas on what/where that will be, BTW?

Juliee
24 Sep 2011 - 5:13 PM

Hi Darren,
There is a space on board the EPZ Sunshine Express if you'd like to come along Grin
Sarah is driving to me on the Friday morning and I shall be driving the rest of the way to Lyndhurst, I'd be happy to pick you up from Hassocks on the Friday morning while I'm waiting for Sarah and any others to arrive and you could travel with us.
Jeff, Sarah and myself are staying at this guest house, which has plenty of rooms. Paul, Sonia and Graham are staying at a Lyndhurst Travel Lodge.
We are all staying over on the Friday & Saturday nights, then travelling back sometime on the Sunday. Exact times haven't been planned yet, but if you're interested in coming it wouldn't be a problem for you to hop on board.
Let me know.

Juliee
25 Sep 2011 - 10:15 AM

Just to update, as we are discussing this meet elsewhere as well.
JJIGEE, Sezz, Thatbloke, Pablo69, Astrum and myself are all arriving in the area around lunchtime on the Friday, probably meeting atThe Jolly Sailor for lunch at 1pm. We'll have no set plan for the afternoon (unless someone comes up with one) so will go off exploring.
Saturday's plan will involve, Bolderwood, Puttersbridge, Mudeford sandspit and Keyhaven. Plus anywhere else suggested.(a rough time plan will follow) Possibily some night work/star trails etc too if conditions allow.
Sunday is unplanned as yet, but may involve whatever we couldn't fit into Saturday, or other places we discover whilst there.
It would be good to find a meet up place (pub) in Lyndhurst so we can meet up with you locals. Can anyone suggest a good place?

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2011 - 8:24 AM

Well I should be able to join you for most of Saturday. (I think it is Puttles Bridge (Ober Water) you mean BTW!) Are you starting at Keyhaven and working inland or vice versa. Of course the weather will dictate but Keyhaven/Pennington Marshes could be nice and misty in the early morning. There is a large Car park at Bolderwood opposite the Deer Sanctuary which is a good meeting place.

I don't know the Jolly Sailor but the immediate surroundings are fairly industrial (Fawley Oil refinery/power station) - as long as you only look east (boats and marshes) you should be OK!! Depending on work I might join you on Friday too.

Sunday I will be at the Cider pressing in Burley Tongue

JJGEE
JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2011 - 9:20 AM

Just a thought.
If there is a nice morning mist / loads of dew it may be ideal for some atmospheric shots amongst the trees / ferns / bracken etc. of the Forest.
Appears there is a pub at Keyhaven, so perhaps wander down that way late morning / early afternoon for a snack / boats / creek.

Are we going out for a meal on the Saturday Night, perhaps in Lyndhurst itself then we can walk there and back ?

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2011 - 11:19 AM

Quote: pub at Keyhaven

Its the Gun, very nice food, nice ambience and loads of space.

I'm watching the thread as I hope to be able to join you for part of the time, either at Keyhaven or Mudeford.

If you go to Keyhaven during the day and the weather isn't too bad a trip over to Hurst Castle would make a nice side trip (you need to allow at least a couple of hours for that)

JJGEE
JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2011 - 11:28 AM

Hurst Castle does indeed look like a promising option, weather permitting.
Catch the ferry there then walk back along the spit.

They even have a cafe Wink

Last Modified By JJGEE at 26 Sep 2011 - 11:32 AM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2011 - 11:33 AM

Quote: They even have a cafe

their cakes are nice but the coffee can be pretty horrible!

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2011 - 1:03 PM

"Just to update, as we are discussing this meet elsewhere as well."
Link please?
im pretty sure i knwo which chat/group but for others..
thanks
matt.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.