Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New Forest weekend meet - 15/10/2011

CaptivePhotons e2
11 1.6k 2 England
28 Sep 2011 7:18PM

Quote:Would you 'Travellodgers' like to meet us in Lyndhurst too?

We can't book in until 3pm so it would probably be best if we meet you somewhere for you to buy us lunch. I intend leaving here between 0900-1000 and will probably head straight for The Gun at Keyhaven. That'll give me an opportunity to have a looky round.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
28 Sep 2011 7:22PM

Quote:meet you somewhere for you to buy us lunch

Only of you pick up the tab for the B&B ers Saturday's night out Wink

It is all arranged, I found an "entertainment" business card in a telephone box ! ! Wink
pablo69 e2
6 201 6 England
29 Sep 2011 1:59PM
Jeff please put Sonia's card back where you found it.Wink
Not sure what time we are leaving yet but should be able to get to the pub for lunch time.
You still have my number Julie
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2011 8:20AM
Thought this might be useful for the w/e:

Friday Sunrise:07:26, Sunset: 18.17
Friday High tide:11:05, Low tide 17:15 (Hurst Point)

the differences on Sat & Sun for the sun will be a matter of minutes and the tides move later by approximately by an hour
mohikan22 e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2011 10:19AM
GGood info
Juliee e2
8 382 4 England
10 Oct 2011 10:47PM
Thanks for the info, very useful.

Right...we're meeting at The Gun in Keyhaven around 1pm on Friday. We have contact numbers, so can let each other know if there are any hold ups or problems.
We'll spend the afternoon at Keyhaven and hopefully can fit in Hurst Castle too.

Saturday.... Starting at Bolderwood, Ornamental Drive, then Rhinefield drive and Puttles Bridge, Ober Water. I'm thinking this will take most of the morning, depending on what time we start.
Then over to The Red Shoot Inn at Linwood (as suggested) for refreshments
Heading for the coast in the afternoon, Lymington Quay, then if we have time Mudeford Quay & Mudeford sandspit.

We need to find somewhere to go for our Saturday night out in Lyndhurst! I'd suggest we ask at the B&B. Somewhere inbetween where we're all staying would be good.

The times aren't set in stone, so we can be flexible and we have Sunday to use as an overflow. (Or go cider tastingWink) So if we stumble across somewhere nice, we can indulge ourselves.

If anyone is up for some night photography and the weather allows, we may need to fit that in on the Friday night.

For those of you who aren't with us for the whole weekend, probably best to ring and find out where we are, as it won't be possible to plan exact times.

I've not had time to look up routes and find exact locations, so please bring some maps if you have them. I only have a crap map that covers half the area and a SatNav that I'm not speaking to at the moment!

Hope all that sounds ok. Feel free to alter any details.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2011 7:20AM
I'll try to catch up with you at Mudeford. Looks like the weather is set fair so I hope you have a good time over the weekend. (Looks like we may get to see Stourhead without the rain for once on Friday)
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
11 Oct 2011 6:03PM
I am almost ready, camera bag already packed but not sure if I will need all my winter shirts, fleece etc. as the weather has been quite warm today with the forecast staying similar for the week-end Smile
Going to be Thursday afternoon decision I think ! !
Juliee e2
8 382 4 England
11 Oct 2011 10:35PM
Layers are the answer Jeff Wink
Juliee e2
8 382 4 England
11 Oct 2011 11:24PM
Graham, Jeff, Paul, Sonia & Sarah, what sort of time do you think we should meet up on the Saturday morning? As we need to give the B&B a time for breakfast.
Am I picking the Travelodgers up or are you coming over to us?
mohikan22 e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2011 12:36PM
Heading for the coast in the afternoon, Lymington Quay, then if we have time Mudeford Quay & Mudeford sandspit.

This is more than likely when me and Dan will arrive.... ill give ya a bell when im around to let me know wheres you is folks.

Matt.
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
12 Oct 2011 2:32PM

Quote:This is more than likely when me and Dan will arrive.

Sad
Thought you and Dan were getting the beers in at the Red Shoot Inn at our lunchtime refreshment stop ! !

Never mind, you cannot escape as we are not adverse to an afternoon cream tea Smile
CaptivePhotons e2
11 1.6k 2 England
12 Oct 2011 3:00PM

Quote:Graham, Jeff, Paul, Sonia & Sarah, what sort of time do you think we should meet up on the Saturday morning? As we need to give the B&B a time for breakfast.

Shall we say brekkie at eight meet at nine? Or earlier if others want, we have a lot to cram in and I don't want to be wasting time in bed. Sleeping is for wimps Grin
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2011 3:14PM
Well I plan to meet up with you at Keyhaven on Friday lunchtime (..............just after someone else has bought the first roundTongue) and will start with you at Bolderwood the following morning; I may not stay all day as I have an event to attend in the evening.

I think we are going to be lucky with the weather...............
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
12 Oct 2011 3:17PM
Apparently we can take breakfast at 7:15, so I was thinking more of 8:00 to 8:15 at the B&B or 8:30 at TL

Quote:I think we are going to be lucky with the weather...............

Smile

Any update on Autumnal Colours ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.