Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New iMac user needs help..

Davidmet e2
9 209 1 England
28 Apr 2009 6:38PM
This may sound a tad basic but keep in mind that I'm over 50 and still struggling with the principals of the pedal bin...

I'm currently using an iMac and Aperture 2 but can't for the life of me see how to re-size an image to upload to my PF. Any help would be great. Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ray1 e2
10 541 1 England
28 Apr 2009 7:00PM
Not an aperture user but Im sure you resize on export. Sure i read that somewhere.
Davidmet e2
9 209 1 England
28 Apr 2009 7:21PM
ray1

Thanks Iv'e just found it and with a bit of luck I have just managed to upload one.
David

I'm a 52 year old with an iMac24, a pedal bin, iPhone and some other stuff. I love Aperture but find Photoshop Elements 6.0 the most flexible way to comply with EPZ's odd file size requirements.

Stephen
28 Apr 2009 8:15PM
I'm not an expert but this is how i do it, once you have set the format and size it will always be in your Export presets

In Aperture, File, Export, Version, this opens a new window you will see Export Preset click on box move down to EDIT.

Image Format: should be jpeg
Size To: select Fit within (pixels)
Width ( to required size i.e 1000)
Hight ( to required size i.e 1000)

Now click OK at the bottom. This will take you back to the export window I personally save it to my desktop and upload it from there.

Once you have set the format and size it will always be in your Export presets

Also you can use the aperture help then user manual its on page 507
Hope this helps
Stuart
Davidmet e2
9 209 1 England
28 Apr 2009 9:42PM
Thanks all
I'd forgotten how good this site is for advice. Stuart I've done exactly what you have suggested and frankly problem solved. Well done and many thanks
Dave M Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.